VPhilip
Hi,

I do not know whether this is the right forum...but I believe you will help me out. 
I am developing an application that allows operators to log in to their IP phones without using the buttons on the physical device. i.e. the log in should be handled using an application that runs on the operators machine.
Please advise as to what API is available for this and/or is there any sample code for the same. 

Regards,
V Philip.
JoelEzell
Hi V Philip,

Unfortunately, the functionality you require is not currently part of any of the AES APIs.  The DMCC API does perform device control, but it can only control devices that have already logged in to CM.  We're considering adding the ability to control registration state in a future release.

There's a chance that certain IP phones support your requested functionality by accepting XML messages directly from an application.  We are currently investigating this and will respond shortly with our findings.

Joel
JoelEzell
Unfortunately, the IP telephones do not currently support the functionality you are requesting, though it is being considered for a future release.  I'm afraid that we're simply not going to be able to help you with this particular application right now.

Sorry for the bad news.

Joel
JohnBiggs
Are you asking about IP phone registrations or call center Agent Login?

The answers to date have been around IP phone registration. However there is some functionality that may interest you in an API. There is a Special Application (SA8420) -- SA's require a license to be enabled which is a for fee item -- that supports 'ip-hoteling'. ip-hoteling allows an administrator to change the extension associated with one IP phone into another at the SAT. 

IP-hoteling leverages features such as Personal Station Association (PSA) and Terminal Translation Installation (PSA) which also need licensed on in the system and provisioned.

There is an AES API called System Management Service (SMS). It supports a subset of the commands allowed at the System Access Terminal. In release 4.0 of AES working with 3.X and 4.0 of CM, this API supports one of the required commands associated with the SA8420 service (enable ip-registration). The other commands allow an even more flexible solution to be created.

If you accept the constraint that the terminal must be registered in the first place (say to a dummy extension), the ip-hoteling service can switch the registration to another extension via the SMS API.

If you can not accept that constraint, then you could utilize a telnet session and ?screen scrape? to invoke the more robust command set so you could utilize the enable/disable ip-reg-tti and list tti-ip-station which allows associations to be made from unnamed registered IP stations.  Screen scraping a problematic way to implement a service due to the changes that regularly get made to the information presented, and layout of various screens from one release to the next and is not a recommended methodology for application development.

SMS is a web service and the application uses SOAP to send the requests to the AES where they are reformatted and sent on to CM. CM sends the response to AES which sends a SOAP reply to the application.

Alternatively if you are asking about call center Agent login and logout, both JTAPI/TSAPI and DMCC APIs can use feature access codes to log agents in and out. DMCC can also push buttons on the station it is monitoring which allows a more static configuration behavior (note you need to use abbreviated dialing buttons for agent login and logout). An application can use SMS to discover the feature access codes provisioned on CM, or they can be provisioned into the application directly as it is installed.
JohnBiggs
this should be referencing SA8520... not SA8420
MayankMishra
I understand from John Bigg's post on Mar 23 2007 1:04PM that

enable IPRegistration old x new y mac z

attains the phone switch from ext x to ext y IF the phone was already registered.

(a)Is there a way to do it now without the phone being registered as a precondition?
(b)If the above precondition still exists then If I have 'N' actual stations then I will need 'N' dummy stations to register each station to a dummy one when not in use.
Is that correct given the constraint that I do not want to perform screen scaping?
(c)Is there a way to setup a dummy extension to which all the Avaya phones can register when they are not in use?
(d)Is there a way in SMS to fire enable/disable ip-reg-tti commands?
MayankMishra
Please ignore my post.I was looking at an obsolete document.You already have IPRegTTI Model with enable and disable operations in your SMS web services suite.
MayankMishra
Aha I figured out something.It looks like all the Models listed in documentation are not actually available with IPCode SMS services

When I am looking at the HTML documentation that came with SMS dev suite installation I see IPRegTTI model available.(<your install dir>\smssvc\support\supportedModels.htm)

However when I access the actual URL
https://<your AES server>/sms/getModelClasses.php

I do not see the IPRegTTI model listed.When I try to run programs utilizing the model it faults out with -Model 'IPRegTTI' does not exist.

Do I need to install anything else to get the model?Or is the documentation that came with SMS suite obsolete?
JohnBiggs
What release of AE Services are you working with? The supportedModels.html from the SDK lists those models that the corresponding release of AE Services supports. If you access an older AE Services server, then what it will report are the models that the server supports.

In response to a), my understanding is that the station needs to be registered somewhere. I am not an expert in this feature behavior though.
b) most likely that is true, Or you could play other games like changing the station's COR depending on what you are trying to achieve.
c) one phone, one station, one registration... so you need N, you can not use fewer 'virtual' stations.
d) yes, if you use the right release of AE Services
Go to:   
Mobile view