- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Proactive Outreach Manager Remote Lab
About the Remote Lab
Accelerate your development cycles and improve your first-pass results for compliance testing by using secure, remote access to the DevConnect Proactive Outreach Manager (POM) remote lab.
Using the POM Remote Lab, you can create and test outbound campaign applications offered through Avaya Aura® Experience Portal, Avaya Aura® Orchestration Designer and the Proactive Outreach Manager Pluggable Data Connector.
Currently the POM Remote Labs are configured for the following remote accessible Avaya platforms, which are fully configurable:
- Avaya Aura® Experience Portal Release 184.108.40.206.0441
- Avaya Media Processing Platform Release 220.127.116.11.0441
- Avaya Aura® Communication Manager Release 18.104.22.168.0
- Avaya Media Server Release 22.214.171.124
The lab is integrated with Avaya Aura® Session Manager 126.96.36.199 and Avaya Aura® System Manager 188.8.131.52 to enable SIP environment testing. Additionally, the following platforms are available for more advanced and integrated testing:
- Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AE Server/AES) 184.108.40.206
- Procative Outreach Manager (Avaya POM) 220.127.116.11.1
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager Messaging (Avaya CMM Voicemail) 7.0
- Avaya Aura® Experience Portal Release 7.2
- Avaya Media Processing Platform Release 7.2
- Avaya Aura® Communication Manager Release 18.104.22.168
- Avaya Media Server Release 8.0
The lab is integrated with Avaya Aura® Session Manager 22.214.171.124 and Avaya Aura System Manager 126.96.36.199 to enable SIP environment testing. Additionally, the following platforms are available for more advanced and integrated testing:
- Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AE Server/AES) 188.8.131.52
- Procative Outreach Manager (Avaya POM) 3.2
- Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 8.0
- The lab includes a Nuance™ Speech Server release 11
You will be able to perform application testing from either of the labs. You will need to identify and remember which one of the two remote labs you are using only in the following scenario:
During a remote lab session, you have the option to modify the configuration of the system to meet your particular needs and may have taken a configuration back-up. If you intend to continue the testing in your future remote lab sessions by restoring your custom configuration back-up, you must remember and subsequently specifically request the particular remote lab (Lab 2 or Lab 3) that you used when the configuration back-up was taken. For your future sessions, you will need to request that particular remote lab by indicating a specific lab preference by selecting appropriate field in the remote lab reservation form.
Any backup made prior to August 26, 2019 will only work with Self Services/POM Lab 2. An attempt to restore such a backup to Lab 3 will make the lab non-functional requiring DevConnect team member intervention to restore the lab to a working state.
Restoring back-up of one lab in other will make the lab non-functional. e.g. Configuration back-up taken from Lab 2 must not be restored on Lab3 and vice-versa. Recovery at least one full business day. Please work carefully to avoid this mistake. Backup and restoral instructions are in the Avaya Self Service Remote Lab 3 Instruction Manual.
Remote Lab time is scheduled in 4 (6-hour) sessions, 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Sessions begin at 2 a.m., 8 a.m., 2 p.m., and 8 p.m. Eastern Time. DevConnect Technology Partners and enhanced level Registered members can schedule one 6-hour session in a calendar week. Base level Registered members can schedule one 6-hour session in a calendar week, and two 6-hour sessions in a calendar month.
Please follow these limits. Failure to follow these limits will result in your company being blocked from reserving time on the Remote Labs.
Lab Access Requests
To request access to the Proactive Outreach Manager Remote Lab, follow the link below and complete the on-line form:
Before you use the remote lab, you should download the Remote Lab Instruction Manual and read it in its entirety. The manual contains all the information required to access and use the remote lab, including:
- How to access the Remote Lab, including VPN software installation and configuration
- How to install and configure Avaya end-points
- How to set up the remote lab
- How to deploy and test POM applications
- How to clean up the remote lab after use
Secure VPN Access
The Proactive Outreach Manager Remote Lab requires a secure VPN connection to get through the remote lab firewall. The following VPN connection is supported:
- OpenVPN Client: for all users
Instructions for downloading and configuring the VPN client are included in the Avaya Proactive Outreach Manager Remote Lab Instruction Manual.