- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya Aura® Session Manager enables a distributed system featuring multi-vendor integration, centralized dial plans and user profiles, easier centralized SIP trunking, easier “on-net” call routing, and enhanced scalability and security. This architectural flexibility allows enterprises to significantly reduce telecommunications and management costs, lower their total cost of ownership, and increase agility by providing rapid deployment to various users and locations.
Important: Effective October 14, 2019, Avaya Aura® Session Manager Release 7.x will be end of sale (EoS). Additional information about the EoS can be found here. For all new development, Avaya recommends that developers use the latest Session Manager release.
- Session Manager is the core of Avaya’s Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based “cloud computing” architecture.
- Session Manager supports the half-call model and application sequencing, enabling custom features to be applied to individual users' calls.
- Sequenced applications can be developed using Avaya Breeze® Platform.
- Central management of Session Manager is handled through Avaya Aura System Manager.
NOTICE: Session Manager 7.1 Internal SIPS URI Problem with Non-RFC-Compliant SIP Devices and AppsIn SM 7.1 or later, failures in some call flows occur when connected SIP devices change URIs with “sips:” indicators to “sip:” on an intermediate route and via headers. ‣ Reference PSN005085u