Self Service Remote Lab
About the Remote Lab
Accelerate your development cycles and improve your first-pass results for compliance testing by using secure, remote access to the DevConnect Self Service (Avaya Aura® Experience Portal) remote lab.
Using the Self Service Remote Lab, you can create and test intelligent speech and call control IVR applications offered through Avaya Aura Experience Portal and Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer.
Currently the Self Service Remote Lab is configured for the following remote accessible Avaya platforms, which are fully configurable:
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal Release 7.1
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager Release 7.0
The lab is integrated with Avaya Aura Session Manager 7.0 and Avaya Aura System Manager 7.0 to enable SIP environment testing. Additionally, the following platforms are available for more advanced and integrated testing:
- Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AE Server/AES) 7.0
- Proactive Outreach Manager (Avaya POM) 3.0.4
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager Messaging (Avaya CMM Voicemail) 7.0
Self Service Remote Lab time is scheduled in 6-hour sessions 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Sessions begin at 2am, 8am, 2pm, and 8pm Eastern Time. DevConnect Technology Partners and enhanced level Registered Members can schedule one session in each calendar week. Base level Registered Members can schedule one session in a calendar week up to a maximum of two sessions in a calendar month.
Please follow these limits. Failure to follow these limits will result in your company being blocked from reserving time on the Remote Labs.
Lab Access Requests
To request access to the Self Service Remote Lab, follow the link below and complete the on-line form:
Before you can use the Remote Lab, you should download the following Remote Lab instructions document and read it in its entirety. This document contains all the necessary information required to access and use the Remote Lab, including:
- How to access the Remote Lab, including VPN software installation and configuration.
- Installing and configuring the Avaya endpoints.
- Deploying applications on a local Tomcat server.
- Using the Self Service Remote Lab.
- Deploying applications on Avaya Aura Experience Portal.
- Cleaning-up after using the Remote Lab.
Secure VPN Access
The Self Service Remote Lab requires a secure VPN connection to get through the remote lab firewall. The following VPN connection is supported:
- OpenVPN Clent: for all users
Instructions for downloading and configuring the VPN client are included in the Avaya Self Service Remote Lab Instruction Manual.
You will need to download the below OpenVPN Desktop Configuration file from the link below to set-up the VPN.