- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya Aura® Session Manager Release 6.0 was made generally available in June 2010; Service Pack 2 was issued December 2010. This is NOT the latest release of Session Manager; it is recommended that the latest release be used for new development.
New In This Release
Session Manager Release 6.0 supports Avaya Aura Communication Manager Release 5.2 and later as a routing element. Session Manager Release 6.0 supports Communication Manager Release 6.0 and later as a Feature Server or Evolution Server. Session Manager Release 6.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Fully SIP redundant core provides active-active N+1 redundancy with up to six Session Manager instances in an enterprise
- Support for up to 250 SIP survivable branches
- Enhanced SIP feature set and connects to any IETF compliant SIP solution
- Support for mixed H.323, DCP, and SIP endpoints at the redundant core and at the survivable branch
- New scalability up to 100,000 users overall, 50,000 SIP stations, and 25,000 SIP entities
- Expanded centralized management with Avaya Aura System Manager 6.0 and can handle up to 25,000 locations in a full deployment with up to 750,000 BHCC of inter-location calling.
- Session Manager 6.0 supports SIP deskphone firmware 2.6 or higher.
Important: In addition to above new functionality, the following fix may affect existing applications that use the Avaya Aura Call Detail Recording (CDR) interface:
- The rightmost 10 digits of the calling party number are now inserted into CDR records instead of the leftmost 10 digits.