DanielGatley
Hi,

Has anyone had any joy in modifying the AAR digit conversion table with SMS? I've tried using the "SMS Interactive Test" to test changes but have been unable to actually modify the table. I'm actually looking to remove an entry but even attempts to modify an entry have been unsuccessful (although giving a result code of 0). Any tips would be appreciated.
CraigJohnson5
That is an array type model. You will notice when you do a display in the SMS interactive test the response uses the "position=" attribute. Always remember to perform the action as you would on Communication Manager (via SAT or ASA). So when you do a change on this form you have to enter a qualifier. Then to remove an entry you use the space key in the matching pattern field and that gets rid of the entry.

So, say I am using a qualifier of 1 then two entries show up on my CM SAT screen. To remove the second one via SMS then I need to use the change operation and a 1 qualifier and my request looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<modelFields>
<AARDigitConversion>
<Matching_Pattern position="2"> </Matching_Pattern>
</AARDigitConversion>
</modelFields>

The most important part to this is that in the matching pattern line there is a space between > and <. This is what you do in the CM SAT so this is what you need to do in SMS. Just use a space with no quotes and that will clear the entry. And don't forget to make sure you know what position you want to delete first by using the display operation.
DanielGatley
Perfect, thank you, I feel a little stupid for not realising this, I think I was led astray by the list function not having position attribute but this makes sense now I think about it.

Thanks again
Go to:   
Mobile view