KhoaBui2
I am looking for documentation on AES JTAPI authentication method. Does any know if the CTI account username and password are encrypted?
MartinFlynn
If you use the unencrypted Tlink (e.g. AVAYA#CMSIM#CSTA#AESSIM), they will not be encrypted. If you use the encrypted Tlink (e.g. AVAYA#CMSIM#CSTA-S#AESSIM), they will be.

Martin
KhoaBui2
I tried to sniff the network and was unable to find the username and password when the client start the CTI connection with the AES. If the AES server has the proper CA signed SSL certificate. What do I need on the client to able to securely connect to the AES.
MartinFlynn
The TSAPI protocol uses ASN.1 encoding which may make it difficult to be able to manually read message contents.

In order to open a secure connection you will need to:

1. Create a Java keystore and store the trusted CA certificate in it.
2. Copy the keystore file to the client machine (assuming you did not create it there).
3. Configure your application to use this keystore when opening a secure connection.

Creating & populating the keystore is a standard Java procedure and you should be able to get a step-by-step guide elsewhere.

Configuring the application to use the keystore is covered in "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services JTAPI Programmer’s Guide".

Martin
CloudPro [Avatar]

AES side shows encrypted TLink namely: AVAYA#CM123#CSTA-S#AES1 but where do we want to setup unencrypted TLink on CM side so that we can use CSTA for event monitoring using TSAPI program in a simple unencrypted (without certificates on AES, Client side etc).

So, now it shows cstaMakeCall() failed with CSTA Universal Failure Error 71:

How to setup this unencrypted TLink ( AVAYA#CM123#CSTA#AES1 ) on CM side? and need help with this setup/config? using CLI commands or GUI.

thank you.

rajh
MartinFlynn
I think the only configuration required is actually on AE Services.

1. On the AE Services management interface, use the AE -> Services -> TSAPI ->TSAPI Links menu.
2. Select the correct link and click "Edit Link".
3. Change the Security value to Unencrypted or Both. Click "Apply Changes".

You may need to restart the AE Services using the Maintenance -> Service Controller menu.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view