EnriqueClaudioRodriguez
Hello,
By looking at the 'Start' workflow (start event - circle shape) entry point, there are a few options around the 'Schedule' and 'Shedule options'

The Schedule options allows to start the workflow on any of the following recurrence patterns:

Once
Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Yearly

and with the above you can specify the starting 'time' (hour mins).

Now, with that I can say: Start workflow execution every monday at 03:00. Workflow starts at the specified schedule, ends then do the same thing next Monday.

Question: Is there any way to have an sheduled workflow to start every XX number of minutes?

Say I want to auto-execute the workflow every day of the week (Mon-Fri) from 03:00 to 16:00 every 10 minutes?

Example:

03:00 Workflow Start then Ends
03:10 Workflow Start then Ends
03:20 Workflow Start then Ends
and so on...

The above without sending any external/internal request as event (events catalog) , in order to trigger the workflow.

PrakashN
Hello Enrique,

The granularity of kicking off the workflow repeatedly stops at the 'day' level as of now. We will have that extended to hours and minutes in our future release. In the meantime, for a workaround, you can look at creating another 'master' workflow that has a "Publish Event" task in a loop and sends your event of interest in every X number of minutes using an "Intermediate Timer Event" in the same loop - so this other scheduled workflow catches that event every time and kicks off. I can create a small sample workflow if you like and post here if you like. Please let me know. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
EnriqueClaudioRodriguez
Thanks Prakash, yes please provide a sample of another 'master' workflow that has a "Publish Event" task in a loop and sends your event of interest in every X number of minutes.

also, additional info on how this 'master' driver will auto start once deployed.
thanks again
kiko
PrakashN
Enrique,

Please find the zip file that contains two workflows. I have added comments in there that will help you understand what is going on.
Before importing these workflows in Designer, please go to the Admin Console --> Event Catalog and create an Event with the Family name as "PrakashTestF", Type name as "PrakashTestT" and version as "1.0". You can create any schema as I am not using the schema in these workflows. Then import these workflows into Designer to look at how it is done. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will help you. Thanks!
Filename MasterSlaveWf.zip [Disk] Download

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Go to:   
Mobile view