Communication Manager : 6.3.11 SP11

Application Enablement Services : 6.3.3.4.10.0 SP4

MPP :6.0.3.0.0419

ICconnector : OD 06.00.09.01

AIC : 7.3.3 with Siebel Integration Siebel version 8.1.1.4

EP : 6.0
IVR :AAEP
Tomcat : 6.0.29
Web Application server : OS Windows Server 2008 R2 With SP1 Tomcat Version 6.

We have an ongoing issue with this customer who has setup the servers on VMWare. They are using Tomcat with IC Connector to get the EDU values for processing the calls. At times we have noticed timeouts which initializing the connector and hence the calls were failing. We would like to know if there is anything that can be tuned in the IC Connector or Tomcat or Windows server on this tomcat is running.

From the logs we could see the below error.

6/21/17 01:15:51 PM com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: ICNewCall:Timeout waiting for VRUSM/HTTPVOX to respond Exception stack trace "Error loading PluggableConnectorInitialize class [com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.pdc.ICConnectorInit] for initialVariablesPosted
EXCEPTION> com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: ICNewCall:Timeout waiting for VRUSM/HTTPVOX to respond

Log Logcation:

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/FBL/21st%20June%202017/Application%20Server/
User: crmsupport
password: EastCA7664

The approximate time of the issue is 12.30- 1.30 pm Pakistan time.

This is on CAP and management is looking for some inputs.

Please let me know if you need any other information.
WilsonYu
If you see problem when increasing load, you should definitely adjust the thread pool size through RuntimeConfig on the IC VRUSM/HTTPVOX page. The default size is 3 threads.
Although I can see the some exceptions in the Tomcat stdout log, I can not really correlate them in both the app trace.log files and ic connector logs. I looked at the reqid (10733-428, 5707-149, 1511-725, 12062-564, 5684-709) in the stdout log, I couldn't find any trace of error on them in the application logs. So I am not sure what really caused those errors you see in the Tomcat out log.
On the pool size tuning, there have been some discussions before. Use the Search Site box on top of forum page to search "ic connector thread". You would see some recommendations by Neil Goldsmith.
Go to:   
Mobile view