SteveTvinnereim
I posted this in the Orchestration Designer forum and we referred to this forum.
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/21225.page

I am trying to better understand the relationship of the maxThreadPoolSize parameter in tsapi.pro and the threadpool limit assigned to the Tomcat instance.

We currently have maxThreadPoolSize=300 while the tomcat limit is 1000.
There are 180 H.323 ports configured in ddconfig.xml.
After nightly restarts, the tomcat active threads rise to around 360 and hover around 410-415 during daily production traffic.
Since there is no application traffic after the restart, I am assuming the initial threads are due to TSAPI activity on the ports.
Is that a correct assumption and is that normal??
I assume it is normal as I see a number of threads such as this generated in the tsapi_trace.txt just after restart corresponding to the number of administered ports.
2017-07-27 01:24:19,999 [Thread-4487] INFO TSAgent - constructing TSAgent with agentKey=TSAgentKey(1969045,null,1969545) for TSProvider[#4]@43c69d48

We experienced an issue when adding 68 ports to our configuration. The following day our tomcat threads increased into the 900's and on one server maxed the limit which crashed that instance. We backed out those ports for now and want to make any adjustments to ensure the problem does not occur again. I just can't find documentation which states the relationship of the two settings and how to determine what those settings should be in relation to the configurations. It would seem that we may need to bump the maxThreadPoolSize to 500 and the tomcat limit to 2000.

Your expertise is appreciated.

Thanks
MartinFlynn
Hi Steve,

There used to be a member of the product house on this forum who may have been able to help but I don't think he is here any more.

For information on configuring the client for load conditions, you may be better off contacting Avaya Professional Services. They have the experience in this area.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view