Lars
Hi,

We need to develop a Snap-In to Block CPN Number when a dedicated number is dialed.

The CM feature CPN-Block works fine. But the only difference in a traceSM we see is From: "Display Name" instead of "User Name"
and from: "anonymous@anonymous.invalid" instead of from: 344@engelbart.local

But when we do this with a Snap-In the provider replaces an invalid number by the PBX Main Number.
When using CM feature CPN-Block the trace looks identically but the called party see just "private number"

Question is, how can we block the calling party number with a snap-in?

Thanks,
Lars
JoelEzell
Hi Lars, jit's good to hear from you again.

Can you confirm something for me? I think you are saying that:
- You are using the setPresentedHandle, setPresentedDomain and setPresentedDisplay methods on the Participant object to manipulate the P-Asserted-Identity and From headers.
- When you look at traceSM, the INVITE that is coming out of Breeze looks exactly the same as the INVITE coming out of CM
- The SIP service provider is for some reason treating these INVITEs differently

Is that all correct? If so, can you please save a traceSM file containing a CM-based CPN block and your attempted Breeze-based CPN block so we can stare and compare?

Thanks.
Joel
Lars
SOLVED!

Solution is quiet simple.

Just set value "Privacy: id" with OutgoingSipMessageListener at SIP Request.

AVAYA, why this is not documented anywhere?

Please provide a documentation about these and other features.

Thanks,
Lars
JoelEzell
Hi Lars, thanks for reporting your success back to the forum. I'm glad that you were able to get this use case working.

One of the great things about Breeze and Aura is that it's a very rich environment with any number of use cases that can be implemented. You and your team have come up with many use cases that we never envisioned. This flexibility does, however, present a challenge for the Breeze documentation team.

The best I can say is, as you encounter use cases that are not documented which you think would be of broad interest, keep letting us know and we'll get them into our documentation. I'll ensure that we get this particular use case added to our documentation for our next release.
Go to:   
Mobile view