SGSChris
I am attempting to write an application which monitors a specific device for a handful of events.

• First, I create a new ServiceProvider.GetNewDevice object, populating that instance with an event handler for OnGetDeviceIdResponse, then call GetDeviceId() with the appropriate fields.

• Next, I create a new ThirdPartyCallController.ThirdPartyCallsViaDeviceCallControlEvents ("TPCVD") object, and set it up for the events I'm interested in.

• Finally, I'm passing the device and the TPCVD fields into ServiceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor().

• However, StartMonitor is failing with the following message:

2018-09-07 14:12:50 ERR: StartMonitor failed: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><privateErrorCode>validationError</privateErrorCode></CSTAErrorCode>

I'm not sure what I'm missing at this point! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

MartinFlynn
    I think the validationError may indicate that the XML message sent to AE Services is missing an important parameter, for example a DeviceID.

I would suggest you try:

1. Enable the XML tracing of DMCC messages on AE Services. There are instructions in the DMCC FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?". You can find this on the Devconnect website in the Support Options page of the Application Enablement Services section.

2. If you now try to start the monitor, you will be able to see an exception in the trace file which will show why AE Services is complaining.

3. You could also use the DMCC Dashboard to make the same requests. That way, you can compare the message from your application with that produced by the dashboard.

Martin
    Go to:   
    Mobile view