DmitrySenashenko3
Hello,
I got quite strange issue.
We have two local ASR providers. One has closed grammar and off-premise installation.
Second has open grammar and cloud installation.
Closed grammar is used for navigation, transfers to agent, basic words and something like this.
Open grammar is used for maps ASR requests. Like recognize free address.
Both are configured as "Nuance". Because EP doesn't have specific vendors for these providers and they are using Nuance MRCP standard.
One uses MRCP V1. Second uses MRCP V2.
Separately everything is working.

But I am doing common application and I need to request address by ASR vendor 1 and request DB about ATMs near with requested address for this area and navigate between it by ASR vendor 2.

I got the issue:
1. There is not possible to switch between ASR vendors by "Multiple Vendors feature" because both vendors in EP are Nuance and not possible to switch it to Google or Loquendo. I checked. It doesn't work. So Multiple Vendors feature doesn't work because it can switch ASR vendors. For EPM and App my both ASR vendors are the same vendor. Nuance.
2. There is not possible to switch between languages. I configured ASR vendor with closed grammar as local language and configured ASR vendor with open grammar as ja-JP. And I replaced language to local language inside ASR MRCP server. It is working.
So I have one ASR vendor as one language and second ASR vendor as second language. It is working. I expected to change language inside App. But it doesn't work. EPM needs "You need to configure one ASR vendor with both languages". It means EPM arrange ASR vendor to App, not language. But it is not possible. Because one ASR vendor has one language and second ASR vendor has second language.

I see just one way to create two application and transmit variables between it. It is not good way because I need to return call back to main app and EPM statistic will be duplicated. And how to transmit variables? Via UUI bad idea because UUI can has something. For example when call is transferred from CM. Via Reusable module is not possible because need to have separated App. I see way via VXML transfer of call and transfer variables as URL.

Could guru give me advice? Are there another ideas how to fix this? Possible I don't see correct way?

I'll very appreciate for any comments/ideas.

Best regards, Dmitry
WilsonYu
Maybe use a different zone to separate the speech server and applications using it. That's the only thing I can think of.
DmitrySenashenko3
Two different zones mean it is possible to switch between it by transfer only.
It is possible to organize the same inside one zone with fake language.
Actually it is hole in language managing. Now is possible to change vendor and change language.
But need to change language between vendors.
Rg, Dmitry
DmitrySenashenko3
Wilson,
How correctly to launch app with another ASR vendor/language and return variables back?

I see way via VXML is not correct. Because ASR vendor will be the same as parent app.
So need to transfer call to second app by blind transfer.
But then how to return call and variables back to parent app?
As for call I see just possibility to do transfer to number back but how to transmit variables?
Actually we can transmit variables via URL. There are just two small variables (coordinate of caller). But how to do transfer to number and change URL of app.

Is it clear my mind way?

Do you have any ideas? (Or somebody else)

Rg, Dmitry
WilsonYu
You can use the AAI property to pass data between SIP calls. Or you can use database or context server to pass data around.
DmitrySenashenko3
I am going by this way already. It is H323 EP. AAI is absent. And I need to transfer a call to second app and return back to original. It is quite complex task.
I thought you have better idea.
At any case thanks so much.

How do you think is it right idea to create GRIP about this issue with ASR vendors?
Because obviously it is issue of EP.

Rg, Dmitry
WilsonYu
You can certainly try.
Go to:   
Mobile view