TyOh2
Hi

In Equinox, you can select all 3 audio devices. Microphone, Speaker and Ringer.

We want to do the same thing, we can't seem to find a way to select the ringer device.

We are using Avaya.ClientServices.Media.AudioFilePlayer to play ringtones.

Avaya.ClientServices.Media.AudioInterface has selectMicrophone(MicrophoneDevice device) and selectSpeaker(SpeakerDevice device), we are looking for something like selectRinger(SpeakerDevice device).

The sample client uses System.Media.SoundPlayer to demonstrate playing ringtones, but this API is not capable of selecting the output device either.

Only other way I can think of doing is using NAudio to play ringtones, but I don't see Equinox using NAudio DLLs.
I think this feature must be included in IX client.
We are using the latest IX Windows Client 4.4.0.0

Thanks

Pallavi_M
Thanks for posting your query!

I will discuss with R &D team about your requirement and will get back to you soon.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect support team
TyOh2
Super thanks for replying back. Will be keeping an eye on this page for updates. Thanks
Pallavi_M
Hi,

I have discussed with R &D team.

Presently Equinox client does is to change the speaker to the appropriate device depending on context. If you want to play a ringing tone, you set the speaker to your desired ringing device and then play the tone. If you’re starting or in a call, you set the speaker to the desired device.

There are not currently any plans to add a “selectRinger” API. If you have use case for which above the suggested approach does not satisfy, please let us know.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect support team
Go to:   
Mobile view