nicklynch
I would like to get the RTP streams for a device in real time. Using dashboard I've done a RegisterTerminalRequest, but I only get streams if the softphone isn't running. Using CLIENT media mode. If dashboard is running in MAIN dependency mode and softphone is not running I get RTP packets in client media. If dashboard is running in INDEPENDENT dependency mode and softphone is not running I get RTP packets in client media. I can't test DEPENDENT mode for obvious reasons. However, if I run the softphone in these scenarios I do not get any RTP packets in dashboard. I always get MediaStartEvents, but don't get the RTP packets if the softphone is running. The device ID is using a different instance from the softphone.

This is on Avaya 7. Is there any configuration that must be done on the switch to support this?
MartinFlynn
A few quick questions:

1, Why is it obvious that you can't test Dependent mode?
2. Why is the Softphone using a Device ID? Is it actually another DMCC terminal?
3. Can you make a normal conference call and hear audio with three phones?

Marin
JohnBiggs
Is the softphone running on the same PC as the DMCC Dashboard?
Have you tried your tests with a desk phone, or using a separate PC for the DMCC app from the machine running the softphone?

you don't say it but you need to do more than register the terminal. You need to setup listeners, and open sockets. The DMCC dashboard will open the RTP sockets for you (but minimally handles the RTP packet stream... just showing the contents of the packets), but you may need to properly configure the IP address of the machine in the dashboard if you have multiple NICs (or are using a VPN).
nicklynch
I ran the DMCC dashboard on a different machine and I'm getting the audio streams while the softphone is running. It worked, thanks.
Go to:   
Mobile view