ClausSuffel
Hello,

we need to detect a sequence of buttons that are pressed on a physical extension.

Since the "ButtonPressedEvent" is not implemented yet, we've tried to use ToneCollectionServices.

Basically that works well, but unfortunately, the TonesRetrievedEvents does only provide us with the device, that has detected the tones. So we are now able to determine, on which device the buttons have been really pressed.

Is there a different way, to get the required button press information?

Regards,
Claus

DaveBurritt
Claus, when you say buttons, I assume you mean the dial-pab buttons (i.e., 0-9, *, #) and not the other buttons that are on the set (e.g., feature buttons).

If that is the case, then, unfortunately, I don't think there is a better way to detect which device actually pressed the dial-pad button(s).

I will talk to some of the other developers and if I learn of a better way then I will post a message.

Dave
ClausSuffel
Yes, I mean the dial-pad buttons.

Claus
DaveBurritt
Claus:

Is the call in question a conference call? If not, could you use the display to determine who the other party is? If you don't want to do that, how about using the "snapshot call" command (third party call control)?

Dave
ClausSuffel
Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

So let me try to explain, what we want to do.

Assume we have two Extensions A and B, talking with each other. After A while, a button sequence (e.g. '123#') is pressed on ext. A.
Now we want our application to get informed about the event, that the buttons '123#' have been pressed on ext. A.

To use 'ButtonPressedEvent' is not possible, as this event is not implemented in DMCC yet.

So we've tried to use ToneCollectionServices and attached ToneCollectionListeners to both devices.
The result is, that we now get informed about the button presses by receiving TonesRetrievedEvents for both extensions. But unfortunately, we still are not able to detect, on which extension these buttons are actually pressed.

Is there a way to find out the source of button presses with DMCC?

Regards,
Claus
DaveBurritt
Claus:

OK, thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to detect which phone pushed the digit on the dialpad.

I will continue to investigate and well let you know the results by COB tomorrow (July 3rd).

Dave
DaveBurritt
Claus:

Sorry for not getting back to you on July 3rd.

I have talked to other people and we don't think there is a way for you to detect which station pressed the dial-pad button.

Dave
ClausSuffel
Hi Dave,

Thank you for that information.

Is it planned to support 'ButtonPressedEvent' with DMCC in the near future?

Regards,
Claus
DaveBurritt
Claus:

I just checked, and unfortunately, there are no plans to support this in the next release.

Dave

Go to:   
Mobile view