SreeniRaghavan3
Hi, is there any way to transfer an active call at a station directly to voicemail of another station instead of ringing at the destination station? I know attendant consoles can do this. Can we do this using TSAPI/JTAPI?
JohnBiggs
sorry, you can not do this 'directly'. You could activate send all calls at the other station, transfer the call to the station (which would cause it to immediately redirect to voice mail), and then return send all calls to its prior state, all through TSAPI, JTAPI or DMCC api calls.
JohnBiggs
I am assuming you want voice mail to answer and say 'i'm sorry <other station> is not available. Please leave a message" as opposed to prompting with 'welcome to voice mail, please login"
SreeniRaghavan3
Yes, we want the voicemail to answer with the stations correct greetings. So, there is no other way with TSAPI/JTAPI to send it directly to the stations voice mail?
JohnBiggs
Nope... what you want requires the pbx to 'know' (or be told via a parameter) what you are up to... which could exist in the API, but doesn't.

I do not feel flipping SAC on and off for a moment is that big of a deal. The probability of a second call hitting the extension in that window of time is miniscule (but measurable), but I will admit > 0.
SreeniRaghavan3
Ok, thanks John
Go to:   
Mobile view