ArikShtilman

Is it possible to write vectors by using AES API or only clan api provides these capabilities?

thanks
JoelEzell
Hi Arik,

AES does not have any functionality that allows you to design / administer Communication Manager vectors.

The Call Management System (CMS) product has some scripting tools and also a tool called Visual Vectors that assist with vector design / administration.

Best wishes,
Joel
ArikShtilman
thanks for the repsponse. but in case I am interested to develop my own UI, what API should I use?
JoelEzell
Ahh, now I understand! Yes, you can in fact use our System Management Services (SMS) to programatically administer / modify CM vectors. Please see the AES Web Services Programmers guide for more details.

Joel
ArikShtilman
hi,

I am searching for the Web Services Programmers guide , but I cant find it. I have downloaded the SDK, but there is nothing there related to vectors. can you please point me to the place where I can download this document?
ArikShtilman
sorry, just found the document, but cant see any reference to the vectors.
JoelEzell
Hi Arik,

You can find the guide by following this series of links: Avaya Product Information / Documentation / SDKs -> Product Documentation -> Product Documentation By Product -> Application Enablement Services -> Release 4.0.

For your convenience, the link to the guide is as follows: http://support.avaya.com/japple/css/japple?temp.documentID=307467&temp.productID=235561&temp.releaseID=307604&temp.bucketID=159900&PAGE=Document

You'll note that the document itself doesn't contain information about vectors, but page 33 indicates that the following link will give you information about all models: http://<hostname>/sms/getModelClasses.php. You'll see vector information after installing AES and going to this link on your AES server.
ArikShtilman
Thanks Joel,

I opened the SMS page in my AES 4 installation, but I cant find there any model related to vectors (I see VDN's, Extensins, Agents, Huntgroup but no vectors).
JoelEzell
Hi Arik,

It turns out that support for vectors was just added in our 4.1 release which will be generally available on Monday. Please upgrade to 4.1 and you will then have support for vectors.

Nice timing, eh?

Joel
ArikShtilman

thanks! great timing. would it be possible to download from dev connect the boundle solution? (our linux capability is weak :))
JoelEzell
Yes, our 4.1 bundled solution will be available for upgrades on Monday, but the bundled offer will not be posted to the DevConnect web site. This is because there are royalty costs for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Given that you already have AES 4.0 (and the associated RHEL image), you will be able to download 4.1 upgrade image free of charge, by going to the "http://support.avaya.com" website and signing in to the download area.
ArikShtilman
hi,

does SMS require a seperate license in aes 4.1?

thanks
JoelEzell
Yes, sorry for the bad news, but AES product management decided that this service was so popular it should be licensed, starting in 4.1.

Joel
Go to:   
Mobile view