GregFoulks
I have a couple of text files that are accessible via a URI that I would like to play via my TTS server. How do I configure my DD application to use that URI and pull that file to be played via TTS? 

I can play external wav files and know how to do that but this one has be stumped.
DennisJakobsen
First you need to make sure your text files have the extension .txt
After that it is pretty much as playing an external wav file. 

If your file for example is c:\test.txt then you add a TextVariable to a prompt, and set the Variable to a variable with the value "file:///c:\test.txt" and set the format to url.
GregFoulks
and if I wanted to use a URI I could set the value to?
\\IP_ADDRESS\test.txt
DennisJakobsen
No, you need to use a fully qualified URI (the protocol must be included) like http://localhost:8080/textfiles/test.txt
GregFoulks
thanks!
GregFoulks
Okay so I am able to load these external text files but the AVB is craps out when it reads a line of text that includes a <ESC> character need for TTS text processing tags i.e.
\tn=spell\PHP \tn=normal\

Here is the error... What gives?
Feb 02 15:50:24.80|TUCPU=265|TKCPU=1156|0|8001||Error:  error.badfetch ,
Parse error in SetCh2?___DDSESSIONID=4FCC4FE9572818E7C953D2778738ABE6AAQ at
line: 10 column: 20 description: Invalid character (Unicode: 0x1B)
DennisJakobsen
Yes, the string in the external text file really has to be a clean text string.  
GregFoulks
So we can''t use processing tags?
DennisJakobsen
Currently no, you cannot put anything with special characters in the text file, since the text you put in the text file will appear in the VXML file and then mess the parsing of the VXML file up.  
DennisJakobsen
You can try if you can escape the \ with an extra \ and see if you can get it to generate valid vxml.  

\\tn=spell\\PHP \\tn=normal\\

Go to:   
Mobile view