marcomatticari
Hi,
There are problems working with multi-language projects.
I can not add new prompts for a project that has more than one language
For example, in a project that has two languages ​​(Italian and English), when I try to add a new prompt, the system goes into error.

This is what is written in the 'Problems'

Description Resource Path Location Type
Prompt "test2.prompt" does not exist in the language "Italian". test2.prompt / TEST_LINGUA / Inglese / prompts / TEST_LINGUA/italian/prompts/test2.prompt Orchestration Designer Invalid

Description Resource Path Location Type
Resource test2.prompt is invalid. Can not generated source. test2.prompt / TEST_LINGUA / Inglese / prompts Unknown Orchestration Designer Invalid

If I delete the English language, I create the new prompt and recreate the English language, it's all OK.
If I delete a prompt from one of the two languages, the prompt is cleared properly, even from the other language.
I can not, however, to add a new prompt.
Could you help me ??
There is a way to add or delete a prompt only from a language ??
Regards
marcomatticari
When this error happenes, Eclipse works bad...infact choosing ( right mouse bottom on the project from 'Speech Navigator' properties-->OrchestrationDesigner-->Languages ..the project languages list shows only 'italian'. I need to restart Eclipse to view again italian and english...
RossYakulis
With prompts each language has exactly the same number of prompts. So if I have 3 languages and a prompt named "main" then that prompt will (MUST) exist in all 3 languages. However the content will be different for each language.
marcomatticari
Thanks
The problem is that when I add a prompt, the system will automatically add in all languages ​​and forces me to associate with each prompt a sentence. But after doing this, I can delete the phrase from one of the prompt (for example from the English language) that there are no compilation errors. It is not strange behavior?
Sometimes, also defined by having more than one language, I need to add a prompt only in a particular language ..

There is no way to add a prompt in one language (such as for phraseset) ?
Regards
RossYakulis
Interesting. I see what you are saying. Seems to be a bug there. I entered a bug report to make that consistent.

The design of OD is that the flow is language independent and we reference language dependent resources (grammar / prompts) by name. Therefore, at any particular node if there is a prompt, that prompt MUST exist in all languages. It could be empty in some languages, but must exist.
marcomatticari
For now I solved the problem using this way. I create a new project (only one language ) . Add a whole series of voids prompt calling xxxxx01-02-etc. . Add to the project all the other languages The system duplicates correctly all the voids prompts empty without compilation error . When I need to use a new prompt I rename one of the prompt and the system renames the same prompt in other languages ​without compilation error !
Regards
Go to:   
Mobile view