RajaMohammed
Dears,

I need to create Database Operations File to my Project. But while inserting DBOF node, and selecting Datasource it is saying No database connection established. I have added sqsljdbc4.jar in windiows/preferences/Avaya Auara/Orchestration designer.
This project was migrated from DD4.1 and other existing DBOFs are working fine. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Raja Mohammed
WilsonYu
Have you reviewed the datasource settings and see if they are still valid in the project properties dialog?
RajaMohammed
The same data source is working for other existing DB operations and I have only one DS. I am just selecting the same data resource to create new DB operations.
Also If I change to Oracle connection, it is working fine. But If I connect to SQL DB only, it is showing this exception. Please note that during run time, it is working fine for existing Database objects even with SQL DB.
WilsonYu
The datasource information for creating creating new operations is stored in separate place than the information used by runtime. Only when you edit the datasource, the runtime gets affected. So I suspect that the datasource information is no longer valid. You would need to double-check that in the Properties dialog. A test you can do is creating a new one (with a different name) and try it out.
RajaMohammed
I already tried creating new application with new datasources for Oracle and SQL connection. Both are valid DB URLs. There also I faced the same problem like Oracle is working fine to create new DB objects with existing tables. But SQL is showing same "No database connections established" error. As I said already It is working fine in runtime for both oracle & SQL. SO the workaround I did was, first I created DB objects with ORACLE Datasiurce and after successfull creation of DB object I changed the datasource to SQL DS. Then it is working fine in runtime in Orchestartion designer simulator. So I understood that it is giving problem only in creating DB object using SQL Datasource during development.
WilsonYu
We've never seen any problem with sql server given all the parameters are correct. Can you post a screenshot of the datasource dialog and the error?
RajaMohammed
Attached the screen shots FYR.
  • [Thumb - Oracle_Success_DBOFCreation.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - SQL_Error_On_DBOFCreation.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - SQL_DataSource.JPG]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Do you have a popup error once you select the datasource in the combo box? According to the code I am looking at, you should get an informative error popup.
RajaMohammed
No. I am getting only the error No Database Connection established in the same screen as shown in th SQL error attachment.
  • [Thumb - SQL_Error_On_DBOFCreation.JPG]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Seems like execution to get the database connection got interrupted by an bad exception. Can you check the Error Log viewer and see if there is any indication of error when you select the datasource from the combo box. It is possible that it happens in trying to load the driver. Can you also try removing and adding the driver (another version of the driver) in the preferences.
RajaMohammed
I downloaded latest jar file. But getting same error.
WilsonYu
I thought I had asked to see what is the Log Viewer of Eclipse. Anyway, any internal error appearing in the Eclipse workspace/.metadata/.log file might be able to indicate the problem. Can you post the file so that I can take a look. Also, can you reproduce the problem with a new project? If you can please post a simple project with the problem too. This is kind of getting trick since we haven't run into it before and can not reproduce it. Can you also post a screenshot of the Preferences window that have the driver path? What version of OD is this?
RajaMohammed
I created application on today 21 Oct. But the log fles contains data till yesterday only. No logs written for today.
Also Attached the new application(SqlDBTest) and Preferences screen and then other suport files like
DataSource_Created screen, JavaBuildPath screen, DBOF_Creation with error. Please check.
Filename DB_Creation_Support.rar [Disk] Download
Filename .log [Disk] Download
Filename SqlDbTest.rar [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
I have couple observations with the information you provide:

1. The connection string on the datasource of the test app is not correct. It should have the "//". So change it to jdbc:sqlserver://10.0.2.203;databaseName=IVR
I thought you had it correct in the previous screenshots.

2. The .log is showing a memory issue. I am not sure at what point it happened but this could render the whole environment not working probably. You should increase the number of heap by changing the "-Xmx" line in the eclipse.ini file under the Eclipse directory. Try "-Xmx512m" if the current one is -Xmx384m or lower.

3. Adding the driver to the library path is unnecessary although it should not do any harm.
RajaMohammed
Thanks for your comments.
1. I was mistakenly put URL without //. Just I tried alternate options. But updating URL does not give any effect on the issue.
2. I have increased to Xmx to 512m now
3. yes. I added for alternate options to give a try. But no luck.
Go to:   
Mobile view