MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

In this scenario an inbound caller hits the switch, is sent to the IVR, selects a menu then is placed on "hold" (listening to a hold music recording in the IVR). The IVR places an outbound call then, when the outbound call is answered, issues a "merge" command with the result that the original caller is now connected to the outbound destination and the IVR is no longer in the mix. We currently place the outbound calls on PRI trunks but we are about to place them via SIP.

Here's are my questions:
1. Does the IVR, when placing the outbound call, go through CM to place it?
2. How are the two calls actually merged?

Michael Reynolds mike.reynolds@realpage.com (864) 272-3541
WilsonYu
First the call comes into IVR is the 1st call then the IVR create a new call to call someone. That's the 2nd call. When you do a merge, the 1st and 2nd call become one call between original caller and the destination of the 2nd call. Not sure what more you need to know. If you need to learn the technicality on the telephony side, I don't think we are the right place to ask.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Thanks Wilson. I wanted to confirm that because we are using the Avaya ACR 12 automatic call recorder (Verint Impact 360 OEMed by Avaya) and it seems unable to support this type of call recording trigger. I wanted to have my facts straight regarding the IVR components.

Michael Reynolds mike.reynolds@realpage.com (864) 272-3541
Go to:   
Mobile view