Adnan.Q
I was trying to use FACs for reserve skilling feaure. I was able to change skill of an agent from RL to SL using FAC but unfortunately I wasn't able to change it back to RL. Can someone shed some light on how can I achieve this.

Changed RL to SL for agent 1191361
*211191361209#1#

Changing back to RL for agent 1191361
Not working: *211191361209#51#
Not working: *211191361209#R1#
MakarandBhalekar
Hi,

What you are observing is probably a limitation in CM and hence expected.

Below is the extract from "Avaya Call Center Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Reference" guide of an older release. After dialling the FAC, it accepts Skill Priority Level Value.

With newer release of CM RL was introduced. But the FAC still seems to accept the SL value. I don't think there has been a way introduced to specify if you want RL or SL defined.

About Add/Remove Skills
Add/Remove Skills allows an agent using Expert Agent Selection (EAS) to add or remove skills.
A skill is a numeric identifier in the communication server that refers to an agent’s specific
ability. For example, an agent who is able to speak English and Spanish could be assigned a
Spanish-speaking skill with an identifier of 20. The agent then adds skill 20 to his or her set of
working skills. If a customer needs a Spanish-speaking agent, the system routes the call to an
agent with that skill.
Agents can dial feature access codes (FACs) to add or remove a skill. Or a supervisor with
console permission can enter an agent’s login ID and add or remove an agent’s skill. If a
supervisor adds or removes a skill for an agent, the agent receives a change notification.
To determine if they need to add or remove a skill, agents and supervisors can use:
? Queue-status indications
? Avaya Basic Call Management System Reporting Desktop VuStats
? Avaya Call Management System (CMS) or Basic Call Management System (BCMS)
information
When adding a skill, the agent must specify the skill priority level (1 - 16).
On phones with displays, the system prompts the agent through the process of adding or
removing a skill and displays the updated set of skills.

Regards,
Mak
Adnan.Q
Thanks for your response Mak, I'm facing another problem with FAC, I was trying to add agent to a normal skill using FAC and that seems to work. However when I try to remove an agent from a skill it doesn't work and the agent has to logout. To further elaborate I have attached the test cases that I performed and these are for normal skill (not reserve skills).
Filename testcases.txt [Disk] Download
MakarandBhalekar
Hi Adnan,

Can you please elaborate on " However when I try to remove an agent from a skill it doesn't work and the agent has to logout.".

Because when I look at the test cases you have attached, it seems that the operation was successful and you could see the correct changes reflecting on CM's SAT terminal. It was the CMS reports where you could not see the changes reflecting.

Unfortunately I don't have a CMS enabled lab to try this out.

Regards,
Mak
Adnan.Q
So when I look into the CM, the agent is removed from the skill but that change doesn't take effect until the agent is logged out. Once the agent is removed from the skill, it is still able to receive calls on that skill. Also, in CMS reports I see the agent as available.
Adnan.Q
Also to add, if we monitor the agent through AES we do not get the agent skill logoff event.
Go to:   
Mobile view