Gladys
Good Morning,
I’m having a problem with the simulator in OD7.1 (I was using OD7.0 before without no problems). When I’m testing the application if I enter the correct information - the simulator works but if I don’t enter the correct information – the system terminates the calls. For example if I need to enter a zip code - the system is expecting 5 numbers but if I only enter one digit. The system hangs-up and does not play the prompt from the no match. Is this a configuration problem?

Thanks,
Gladys
Gladys
Good Morning,

Any updates?

The application simulator(OD 7.1) terminates the call for any invalid entry. The same application works fine in the simulator of OD7.0

Thanks in advance
Gladys
RossYakulis
Yep looks to be that way. I will create a bug report.
Gladys
Thanks for the response.
Gladys
Good Morning Ross,

I forgot to ask you - what happen after you create the bug report?

Thanks again.
RossYakulis
Depending on the release cycle and resources it will (may) get scheduled for an upcoming release.
SimonBrown
I see this is relatively old post but I am having same problem.
New to OD and have 7.2 installed, testing on Simulator at present, not got my EP env up yet to test there.

The no match and no input on a menu form do not trigger* if I put an invalid DTMF, I get error and script terminates. This is with the simulator

*Triggers IF I use the pull down list box on Simulator to say "No Input" or "No Match".

So, if I have a menu with 3 choices DTMF 1 - 3, and I press 4 and Send Digits, I would expect No Match to fire.
Instead script ends and VXML trace shows.

uid_243:Jul 10 14:11:22.530|ERROR|Interpreter|Unknown return code from platform in recognitionUnknown return code from platform in recognition|Unknown return code from platform in recognitionUnknown return code from platform in recognition
uid_243:Jul 10 14:11:22.530|ERROR|Interpreter|Received a fatal exception. Description = Unknown return code from platform in recognition|Received a fatal exception. Description = Unknown return code from platform in recognition

I have had the basic training 3 day course and now slightly annoyed that the trainer told us to "remove" No Input and No Match from any exercises we did as I am having great trouble capturing and use these events.

Finding OD development so esoteric at the moment, what should be simple tasks seem overly complex :(

I have searched forum and archive forum before this reply, only mention of known issues and a fix, but I cant see where to find if that's happened, new to this arena and navigating it a challenge.

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
I just did a test with 7.2.1. The issue seems fixed.
SimonBrown
I have 7.2.0.0904
Tried the Check for Updates from Help menu and says I am up to date.

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
There is no Update site for OD. You would need to get 7.2.1 from Devconnect site manually.
SimonBrown
Hi WilsonYu

Thanks for pointer, downloaded and copied 7.2.1 folder from ISO and tried test project..... simulator works now.

So spent whole day thinking I was doing something wrong (new to OD so questioning what I am doing all the time) and it turns out 7.2.0 has a pretty major bug with a fundamental element of the simulator...

I don't trust OD right now.
I installed to new folder, loaded 7.2.1 and pointed to my workspace from 7.2.0. It said upgrade which I allowed.
I did windows/preferences and pointed Tomcat to the 7.2.1 subfolder version. I got warnings about multiple jars in common/lib
No idea why... so, just created a new workspace and imported test app with a copy to workspace and guess what.. no errors

For someone new to this development environment I am finding this completely baffling at how poor the product seems to be. Instead of learning and developing a script I need to do for a customer I am fighting the environment and poor dev documentation. The dev guide is pretty awful, it looks like its written by the developer and has little explaining how to use, scenarios and no examples of use. Even the sample apps are pretty poor.
/rant over..

Thanks for pointer though WilsonYu

WilsonYu
This is an application development environment and tools. Don't you need to learn it before you can develop applications? Think about writing a Java application for the first time. You can choose a simpler tool like the text editor. But a IDE would make you more efficient once you learn how to use it. Any tool would require some learning. If you are evaluating what to use, it doesn't hurt to try other tools and compare. Just my take on it.
SimonBrown
Hi

I have just had the 3 day introduction course as I have a customer project which needs to be delivered on EP.
The course was not that great, and that's not just my grumble, 2 of the others expressed same sentiment.

Forgive my frustration, just finding the esoteric nature of OD painful. I actually developed a script back in 2009 and that's the last time I touched it. Looks like OD has barely advanced though. Quite archaic environment.

I have recently developed apps using Voxeo, a cross platform vxml/ccxml environment (in eclipse as well) and it is frankly years ahead as a development tool.

I will get used to OD but I get frustrated when losing a whole day for something that ended up being a simulator bug, and quite a fundamental one at that.

Thanks again for your responses though as it got me moving forward again
Regards
Simon

Go to:   
Mobile view