Aravind.Subramanian
I used the build script generated by OD 7.0 while exporting the project to a war. But when i execute, i see the build script does not generate below items as part of project war file

1. index.html
2. jsp directory that has vaidation jsps
3. context.xml

Attached the same build script for your reference.

But if i do export using Avaya OD, i am able to get above mentioned items as part of war file. Can you please suggest me how to get above mentioned files using the ANT script. Because we are using Jenkins tools to build the war file using ANT script.

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind Subramanian
Filename build.xml [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
We build the index.html and jsp files using templates. Our internal code would replace some tags in those templates for a particular app. You would need to create the templates from the files you find in the war file created by OD and do whatever to suit your need.
Aravind.Subramanian
Thanks Wilson. If you could share the templates, i can reuse it or i can modify based on our requirement. Also please suggest how to use the temaplates.

Fyi .. I have tried the same script in OD 7.2 I am able to get all validation files including index.html, context.xml
WilsonYu
You have the jsp templates in the Eclipse Home\plugins\com.avaya.sce.core_<version>\data\jsp directory.
The context.xml file content comes from the Tomcat\catalina\localhost\<appname>.xml. The index.html is basically some links.
RossYakulis
When you do the export when you create you have to specify to generate (Include jsp pages) for that to be in the save ant script. In 7.1 (and I believe 7.1) the default is to not have the files included.
MichaelNorman
Wilson/Ross can you also share how to get the ant script to allow viewing the app in html mode via /<app>/Start?

WilsonYu
What is driven the html view is not the ANT script. It's already built into the OD framework.
WilsonYu
The ANT script would create a parameter named "allow-html-mode" with value "true" in the web.xml of the app.
MichaelNorman
Let me rephrase, what tells OD framework to allow html view? I grabbed the ant script and run manually after editing the compile step and it creates the war successfully but when I deploy that to tomcat it does not allow html view of the app.
WilsonYu
The parameter I mentioned above. You need the Ant script to create the parameter.
raulmolina_tf
We are also implementing Jenkins automation and this topic has come up. Does anyone know how to dynamically generate the same OD7 build script for external use with ant? So far I have been able to capture the .tempbuildscript from OD7 while the build operation is in progress, however the output WAR file is missing the JSP folder plus various other files. I am assuming this build script changes every time the project changes so it has to be created dynamically based on the project structure.
RossYakulis
In Od 7.2 on export there is an option to save the ant build script file.
raulmolina_tf
Thanks for the reply Ross, I will be installing 7.2 this afternoon and see how we can use it...
raulmolina_tf
In 7.2, can you explain why I keep seeing this property in the build.xml file?

<property name="project.dir.classes" value="${basedir}/WEB-INF/classes"/>

However there's no such folder in the project! I had to manually create this empty folder under WEB-INF for ant to complete from the command line, but even then, I see no WAR file being created. I was able to build my WAR with 7.1...
RossYakulis
No I cannot explain why. It seem to have been that way forever.
Go to:   
Mobile view