soliman
I get the message that the driver needs to be added on the cluster. I am on administrator account, but I only see a list of databases for Engagement Designer. I followed the instructions from the documentation, but I am not sure what I am missing..

any help is appreciated, thanks.
  • [Thumb - error.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - service database.png]
[Disk] Download
JoelEzell
Are you trying to use the built-in Breeze Cluster Database or an external database? If the cluster DB, there is no need to install a JDBC driver. The "Service Databases" page that you showed is only used for the Cluster DB.
soliman
JoelEzell wrote:Are you trying to use the built-in Breeze Cluster Database or an external database? If the cluster DB, there is no need to install a JDBC driver. The "Service Databases" page that you showed is only used for the Cluster DB.

I am trying to use an external Sql server database.
JoelEzell
OK, I've asked our expert in this area to step in. He's in India, so may not get to it for another 10-12 hours.
prasanna.kulkarni
Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots, they're helping.

There are two different issues:
1. The screenshot and pop-up shown in error.png, is not actually an error. It's a guiding message to administrator that administrator should install the JDBC provider snap-in on desired cluster. (Detailed helping message is there in error.png)
What this means is as below -
a. Once you create a JDBC Provider, click OK on this pop-up.
b. Go to "Service Management" page and a snap-in with "Deployment Type = JDBC Provider" would be created, the snap-in name would be same as JDBC Provider you created in step 1a.
c. You should install this snap-in on any cluster where this JDBC provider is needed. (Installation is similar to any other regular snap-in.)
d. Then you can go to "Configuration->JDBC Sources" configuration page and create data sources by providing external DB details.

2. The service_database.png shows a screen which lists all the services, which are using Breeze's built-in cluster DB. This screen does not show any information regarding JDBC Providers or JDBC Data Sources that we create to connect to external DB.
To create/check JDBC data sources please visit, "Configuration->JDBC Sources" page.

If you face any problems when/after performing above mentioned steps, please let me know.

Thanks,
Prasanna
soliman
prasanna.kulkarni wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots, they're helping.

There are two different issues:
1. The screenshot and pop-up shown in error.png, is not actually an error. It's a guiding message to administrator that administrator should install the JDBC provider snap-in on desired cluster. (Detailed helping message is there in error.png)
What this means is as below -
a. Once you create a JDBC Provider, click OK on this pop-up.
b. Go to "Service Management" page and a snap-in with "Deployment Type = JDBC Provider" would be created, the snap-in name would be same as JDBC Provider you created in step 1a.
c. You should install this snap-in on any cluster where this JDBC provider is needed. (Installation is similar to any other regular snap-in.)
d. Then you can go to "Configuration->JDBC Sources" configuration page and create data sources by providing external DB details.

2. The service_database.png shows a screen which lists all the services, which are using Breeze's built-in cluster DB. This screen does not show any information regarding JDBC Providers or JDBC Data Sources that we create to connect to external DB.
To create/check JDBC data sources please visit, "Configuration->JDBC Sources" page.

If you face any problems when/after performing above mentioned steps, please let me know.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Thank you for the explanation.

I was able to install the SQL JDBC under Service Management/Services then Create a JDBC Data source to use in the work flow.
Go to:   
Mobile view