DirkHeinrich2
Hi I have defined a custom rest event in the event catalog to trigger a workflow from external, what is working fine.
However I want to secure this event with an authentication for security reasons.

What is best option ?

Regards Dirk
AnuragAggarwal
I think you mean that only whoever has credentials can send the event, this level of security is not available in current ED or Breeze EF
JoelEzell
The security available on this interface is the standard HTTP security available overall on the Breeze platform. There are 2 ways to optionally secure HTTP(S) coming into Breeze:
- Challenge for a client certificate signed by a trusted CA
- IP address whitelist

These can be independently enabled, and the settings are globally applicable to all services running on the Breeze cluster.

Breeze does now support more granular authorization with its Authorization Service, but unfortunately the Eventing Service doesn't yet support that method of authentication / authorization.
DirkHeinrich2
Thank you guys for the responses. Use case is basically that we want to trigger ED Workflow from an external CRM once in the CRM some condition change.
A REST Event seems a better option as to pull the CRM for changes all couple of minutes.
Whitelisting IP seems best option via Firewall in DMZ for security.

Go to:   
Mobile view