RicardoSosa
I see that in AEP is possible to send a custom session.xml for an application. Since we can also change the ASR configuration to "acquire and release as needed", I guess this session.xml will be sent to ASR every time the IVR needs ASR.
My question is: Is it possible to send different session.xml depending on the place of the application where the request is made. The same way that we can form an VXML, maybe it would be possible to attach or add a session.xml in this request, so that EP would know to send a particular session.xml.

I did not find any way, but I wanted to ask before giving up on this way.

Thank you.
massimo__croci
Hi.

- "Is it possible to send different session.xml depending on the place of the application where the request is made ?"

I'm not aware of something similar.

The session.xml file is sent to the speech server for each app containing parameters in order to supersede the vendor-specific parameters specified on the app webpage (on the attached picture an example with a customized session.xml file for the ASR server only).
  • [Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
[Disk] Download
RicardoSosa
Thank you for your response Massimo,

The thing is that even when using configuration we can "acquire and release" the ASR resource, and hence create a new session with the ASR each time we needed, we only can configure the same session.xml for an application, and so we will have to send the same session.xml every time. Even when we need to pass different values for a specific vendor parameter in different "prompt and collects".

Thanks again.
massimo__croci
Hi Ricardo.

- "we only can configure the same session.xml for an application, and so we will have to send the same session.xml every time":

I searched on the documentation but nothing useful, it works as design.

- "pass different values for a specific vendor parameter in different Prompt and Collect nodes":

The FAQ 'How to include vendor- specific parameters in the MRCP ASR/TTS resources allocation process? ' (https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_experience_portal/support/faq/index.gsp?tab=asr-tts&accordion=faq-3)

states

"NOTE: The Voice Portal does NOT support inserting vendor specific parameters in any location other than the ones mentioned above"

you can see on the picture attached to the previous post.

What different values are you passing ? Are you using different speech servers (ASR-TTS) from the same vendor ?
RicardoSosa
Hello,

we need, in one question in the application, to pass nlps-audio-only=true to Nuance to activate krypton-only and use only ASR without NLU. But not in the rest of them.

Thank you.
massimo__croci
Ok, got them:

- 'nlps-audio-only=true' to activate 'Krypton only'
- Nuance ASR without NLU

I can try to investigate a bit, stay tuned.
massimo__croci
Ricardo, unfortunately no luck. No useful info on the Avaya documentation and articles so I have no answer for your request. If I get a solution/workaround, I'll update this thread.

I found a suggestion related to the 'Krypton only' as follows.
The Nuance suite 11.0.4 allows to use the 'Krypton only' but, in this case, the EP 7.2.2. and 7.2.3 can experience an MPP core dump (basically the MPP can crash). How to fix:

- move to the EP 8.0 + (the latest 8.1.2 is strongly recommended);
- install the patches EXPPORTAL-3422 (for the EP 7.2.2) or EXPPORTAL-3492 (for the EP 7.2.3);
- use 'Krypton and NLE'.
Go to:   
Mobile view