pkpk
Hello everyone,

if I use following dependency

<dependency>

<groupId>com.avaya</groupId>
<artifactId>ecsjtapia</artifactId>
<version>8.1.3.0.0.25_l4jfix</version>
</dependency>

Is it possible to implement a Audio Recording functionality?

If yes, how? Are there any Sample codes available?

MartinFlynn
You will not find JTAPI very useful for a recorder. Instead, you should use DMCC. This will allow you to register recording devices and ask for media from a call to be echoed to an IP address & port where you can access it. You can get more information on DMCC and download the SDKs from
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/releases/10_2/index.gsp#download-6

Martin
pkpk
I see, thank you for your reply. I will take a look into it.
pkpk
I have one question regarding the Sample App with the GUI (see attachment, it is just a reference, I cleared the inputs).

Somehow I am not able to configure them properly and connect the App to the Avaya World and actually test it:

My question is:

Does it require certain Avaya Subscriptions Packages to run the Dashoard App DMCC ?

same question but in another way asked.

If I can use the Java lib ecsjtapia to connect to Avaya to make phone calls, accepts calls etc. should I be able to get the DMCC Dashboard running?
  • [Thumb - DMCC.png]
[Disk] Download
MartinFlynn
You will be able to do the same things with DMCC as you can do with JTAPI now.

There are a couple of possible reasons why you could be blocked from connecting:

1. Make sure that the Requested Protocol version is not too big for your AES. For example, if the AES is 8.1.3, you will need to set the Protocol version to 8.1.3 or lower.

2. By default, port 4721 is blocked on AES. Login to the AES web interface aid use the "Networking -> Ports" menu. If port 4721 is disabled, enable it and follow the instructions - you will need to restart the DMCC service.

Martin
pkpk
Thank you for the hint.

After changing the Request Protocol to 8.1.3 or lower I could receive a Session Id.

But after I click Get Device ID List or Get Monitor List I just get an invalidDeviceState error.

Is there anything I can do in the Dashboard App to fix this ?
  • [Thumb - SessionDeviceIDFailure2.png]
[Disk] Download
MartinFlynn
You need to have already started a session management monitor before using Device ID List or Get Monitor List. They are very specialized API calls and I am guessing they do not do what you think they do. I suggest you read the Programmers Guide about them.

Martin
pkpk
Yea, I am 'bit' overwhelmed by this Dashboard DDMC. It feels like a puzzle ^^.

After digging into the DashboardUserGuideV6.doc and going through the "Quick Start for dashboard:"
It looks like I was missing the input fields "Switch Name", "Switch IP Interface" and "Extension" and "Password" for that Extension.

Now it seems to be working. At least I can send some Dialing Key Operations from the Dashboard to the SipPhone =)

I have one more question regarding the Recording Functionality in the DDMC.

Is it possible to Record just one Device (one participant) of a call?

Is that possible? If yes, how could this be done?

MartinFlynn
The dashboard is tricky to figure out at first but it does have a certain logic to it.

It is possible to get the media from single parties in a call using the Custom Media Streams feature. This will work for all three types of DMCC recorder (Multiple Registration, Single-step Conference or Service Observer). There is more information in the "Custom Media Streams" section of the programmers guide. There are also a few threads in the DMCC forum about it.

Martin
pkpk
Thanks for the information. I will look into it.
Go to:   
Mobile view