RichardMudway
Hi,

I have just followed the documentation for installing and configuring the Avaya BDE. Everything worked which was nice.

However, when i changed the IP addresses of the Avaya BDE to mach the subnet of the network it is attached to, everything accepted it except for the DADS running outside of the VMs (on the Host).

IP Changes:
CM = 192.168.10.129 (Was CM = 192.168.15.129)
AES = 192.168.10.128 (Was AES = 192.168.15.128)

I have changed the IP for the Communication Manager in the vfmgui.ini file as per the doc, but it still uses the original IP. I presume its using one buried elsewhere?

The one line in this INI file now reads:
CmIPAddr=192.168.10.129

Can you help me configure the new IP into DADS?

Thanks!

Rich.
JohnBiggs
DADS Console is rather picky about quite a few things.

Is it at this path? "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya Aura BDE\Tools\vfmgui.exe"

If not put it there and modify the shortcut to use it from that location. Make sure the vfmgui.ini you updated the IP address in is in the same directory.

Check the executable's properties, it should show
Size: 2,276,833 bytes
Size on Disk: 2,277,376 bytes
RichardMudway
Hi John,

Yes this is the path and i have checked the shortcut and it already uses that location.

I just found the fix. I created my own shortcut and it worked fine. Then i figured out that the Start In property in the Shortcut was not pointing to the folder you mentioned. The App must default to the IP address i was seeing as it could not see the INI file.

Thanks,

Rich.
JohnBiggs
The DADS concole app does default the IP to the 192.168.15.129 address.

Glad you found the issue... was the problematic shortcut one that the installer created or one you created?
RichardMudway
The problemnatic shortcut was one that the installer created.

I realized that one sign of this was that the DADS created the log files for each station on the Desktop where the shortcut was ran from. Now they are created where the DADS EXE is located.
JohnBiggs
Thanks I will look into that, next opportunity I get.
Go to:   
Mobile view