LaszloSomogyi
Hi,

I'm wondering whether is it possible to send outbound DTMF digits from Dialog Designer script, just like in the IR platform with the tic TAS command,

Thanks,
Laszlo
RossYakulis
Use the phrase variable segments and select type "DTMF Tones"

RossYakulis
Use the phrase variable segments and select type "DTMF Tones"

yunjiaohou
It is used to generate in-band DTMF tone pulses, how about out-of-band?
RossYakulis
VXML / VP does not support out of band.
LaszloSomogyi
I tried to play the DTMF wav as an announcement, but nothing played.

My scenario was:
1. dial out with launchvxml
2.a play my voice
2.b play DTMF voice
2.c play my voice again
3. disconnect

It seems the step 2.b was skipped and jumped right to the 2.c

Anyway, it was working nice, when I did conference the 3rd party IVR application.

Is there any workaround for the launchvxml scenario?

Thanks.
RossYakulis
You would have to elaborate on what step 2b is. What you say workaround, you mean not using launch vxml?

I am not sure what a"DTMF Voice" is.
LaszloSomogyi
Sure. When you enable the DTMF tones in the project, then a new folder is generated in: <ProjectName>/data/dtmf with all DTMF sample wav files. I took them and import into the project as a new phraseset. From now I can play them anytime as a normal phrase.

So I built a custom prompt, and mixed my recorder phrase with the newly imported DTMF wav file.

Then the LauchVXML called my mobile, but I didn't hear the DTMF phrase (in theory it should play some beep).

In second round I tried to call an IVR script and play the DTMF to the remote menu without any success.

The workaround should be to use the launchvxml but "force" the system to send the DTMF tones somehow.
RossYakulis
Perhaps when you edited the sound the result is not in a correct audio format?
RossYakulis
you should enable the VXI trace on the platform (finest) and then see what the voice browser is doing.
LaszloSomogyi
Thanks, I will set up the trace, however the wavs were out of the box and was working perfectly in this scenario:
1. I dial into the local script on Experience Portal
2. CTI conference to an outside phone number
3. external script answered, the conference established
3. DTMF digits went through, then the external script recognized them

I'm wondering whether blocking DTMF signals in outbound mode is a feature or a bug?
yunjiaohou
Hi, Ross
In my test, it seems that the system cannot recognize the DTMF digits correctly.
scenario(H.323):
Two applications are configured in VP. one is for sending digits, another is for accepting digits. VP connects to CM with H.323.
1. Make a outbound call with LaunchVXML method, call from the sending digits application to the menu application with four menus. Actually it's from one channel to another channel.
2. the sending digits applicaiton send four DTMF digits 1,2,3,4 to simulate pressing four menus.
3. After the callflow was finised, the menu application should got 1,2,3,4 on menu nodes. but it didn't. sometimes it got 1,2,4, sometimes it got 1,3,4 or something.

So what is the problem? any idea?
RossYakulis
The tones supplied in the sample application are only example tones. You probably need to have better quality tones. If you have additional issues you should contact Voice Portal support. This is really a matter of having the correct tones and the platform recognizing them.
Go to:   
Mobile view