R.E.vanLeyden
Is it possible to control cover paths with the ACE webservice. For example, a user has several cover paths, we want to control via an external application which cover path is used.
JohnBiggs
As I understand your request, you want to force a call to use one of many coverage paths that a principal may have provisiond (typically each coverage path handles different call conditions). You can not do that through any CTI API I am aware of for Communication Manager.

You should investigate using the redirect web service

The redirectCall operation allows Avaya ACE to redirect a call to the provided alternate
address. The alerting device stops alerting and the caller is redirected to the provided address
(URI)
EvertWaaijenberg2
Hi John, the coverage path can be changed with a feature access code(FAC). Every station can have 2 coverage paths and with a FAC you can switch between those 2.
We have tried to changed this but receive an error code denial event 1070: TTR unavailable D1=0xa027 D2=0xb0 from Communication Manager. We have tried to fire the command from a CTI station and from a logged in IP station, but the same issue. Hope you have an answer on this.
JohnBiggs
Love learning something new.. I often wondered why there were two coverage paths on the station form. I am struggling a bit to understand how to use the change coverage feature is activated from a handset. I found a description in the Feature Description and Implemenation guide, but have not figured my way through it.

I provisioned the Change Coverage FAC
I changed the COR to allow "Can Change Coverage?"

from an internal station 32001 (which has two coverage paths provisioned to it), I dial the Change Coverage FAC (*99)
I get dialtone.
From the documentation I think it wants an extension next (I dial 32001).. silence
I dial a # silence
I dial the Station Security Code (123456)
and then a # dialtone
The instructions then say to enter the extension of the forwarded-to extension... doesnt seem to apply to the change coverage feature, but I enter 32002 (a valid on premise station)
and a # - I get intercept tone..

Hence I am not following the activation procedure properly. Perhaps you could enlighten me and I would get further with my investigation for you.

From what I know of ACE and the services supported over TR/87, my suspicion is you can not get this to work with tel URIs and ACE in the picture. I believe I could using TSAPI or JTAPI, and possibly DMCC through AE Services. You may be able get it to work through third party call control and a SIP URI to dial the "telecommuting access extension" and then use the voice unit services to generate DTMF tones to fulfill the requirements set forth in this section of the Feature Description and Implementation guide.

Extended User Administration of Redirected Calls from an off-site telephone

To use Extended User Administration of Redirected Calls from an off-site telephone, a user must first access the telecommuting access extension. If the user makes a request through Direct Inward Dialing (DID), the user must precede the extension with the correct public network prefix. If the user makes the request through a trunk group that is dedicated to remote access, the user must dial the public network number for the trunk group.

The system provides dial tone after the user accesses the telecommuting access extension. After the dial tone, the user can enter only one of the four following FACs that are associated with Extended User Administration of Redirected Calls:
● Extended Call Fwd All Activate
● Extended Call Fwd Busy D/A Activate
● Extended Call Fwd Deactivation
● Change Coverage

------
based on that I 'think' you could use 3PCv3 to create a call session from AMS to the 'telecommuting access extension' followed by using voice unit services (use a vxml script) to dial the digits to access the Change Coverage FAC, and the subsequent digits. If this were mine to solve using ACE, I would approach your requirement this way.
Go to:   
Mobile view