MdAyub
Hi Team,

I am going through the self development phase of Avaya DMCC module using JAVA, The thing i want to know is that do we have any method in API which will track the events on the device outside the setup i.e. like making a call to any other mobile/device.

Please help me out by siting few suggestions.

Thanks,
Ars
JohnBiggs
CTI functions can assist an application which needs to track devices (telephones) directly connected to Communication Manager. If you are inquiring about the ability to track calls placed in the PSTN (e.g. through a cell phone), that is not possible unless they involve a device on Communication Manager. There are services (applications) that a cell phone can utilize that cause the phone to interact with Communication Manager and then those interactions trigger the PBX to place a call to the cell phone, and some other party. That class of calls can be tracked.

The actual methodology to track calls occurring at devices attached to Communication Manager is to place a device monitor on the device. Depending on the type of events you wish to track different monitor types are used. To track call abstract events (placed a call, call is ringing, call is answered, call is held, call is dropped), a call control monitor should be used.

I am not sure that answers your question. If not, perhaps an example would help me know what type of events, and what type of device you are interested in.
MdAyub
Hi John

Thanks for the reply, Can i know the services/methods that cause the cell phone to register/interact with the CM?
How can we get the device ID of the cell phone so that we can make it familiar to the CM?

Example:- Mostly for all Telecom service provider there used to be a service i.e. automatic dialing out the number of the customer regarding offers and all which are programmed to happen at a particullar interval of time in a day or a week.
So how they are feeding that device/extension ID of the cell phone(@ PSTN) to CM which is triggering the PBX to place the call.

note:- Example sited above is for a particullar organization probably like closed user group.

Regards,
Ars
JohnBiggs
The application that you install on a cell phone that allows it to behave (in some ways) like it is related to a telephone at your desk connected to Communication Manager is called "one-X Mobile". Basically Communication manager is configured to allow the cell phone to place and receive calls as if it was the desk phone (with certain limitations & caveats... ). I encourage you to look on www.avaya.com/support and discover more about this product.

The application would monitor and interact with the desk telephone. For the services involving teh cell phone, Communication Manager would initiate those connections. The application would not have a direct communication path to the cell phone through CTI. There are other methodologies for that communication path should it be necessary that are outside the scope of what Avaya delivers in the marketplace.

What you describe as an example is an out dialing campaign application. There are CTI services to faciliate this functionality. Typically the application uses theTSAPI service makePredictiveCall() (which is available in DMCC in release 6.1). This is done in conjunction with other Communication Services (call vectoring and hunt groups) so that when a end customer answers a call, the call is transfered to a VDN/hunt group so an agent (in this case the vector would play an announcement) to the caller. If the caller presses a digit, the call could be transferred to an agent by the vector. You can find more information about these services in:

Avaya MultiVantage®
Application Enablement Services
TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager
Programmer's Reference
02-300544
Release 4.2
May 2008
Issue 4

and (there is probably a more recent copy of this document)

Avaya Aura? Call Center 5.2
Release 5.2
Avaya Aura? Call Center 5.2 Call
Vectoring and Expert Agent Selection
(EAS) Reference
07-600780
Release 5.2
April 2009

Go to:   
Mobile view