ElderPierre
--Add/Edit name or IP: I have the IP address of S8300

-- I do restart the services, not the server though

-- But should the password be shown in Switch connection--> Connection Details? at lease we should see some stars or something- but its blank even if you typae something,and leave, when you come back to the page its blank
GwilymEvans
When you re-click the "Edit Connection" button, the switch password field is deliberately not shown (not even as asterisks). However, assuming that you entered the password previously, then the data has been stored in the database.

If the number of active connections is zero, then there is some disagreement between the AE Server configuration and the CM configuration. Check the settings on both the AE Server and CM to ensure that they agree.
GwilymEvans
Another thing that you can check is the network interface being used by the AE Server to connect to CM.

On the OAM pages, go to "Networking" ->"AE Service IP". In the "Switch Connectivity" drop down box, ensure that the network interface (eth0, eth1 etc.) chosen is capable of finding a route to the CM IP address.
ElderPierre
Does the Switch Connection (s8300) name has to be the same defined in communication manager (service type-aesvcs /aespassword1)

becaue on the aes side I have

Switch connection name=S8300
Swithc connection detail=password from communication manager as defined in Enable AE services:
a-service type-aesvcs
b-local node=procr ( from s8300)
c-Local port default
d-AE service administration= aeserver1 / aespassword1

it is this password i use on AES side, but I am not using the name ( aeserver1) on the AES side

thank you
ElderPierre
I can Ping the CM.
I have eth0:AE's IP address, the other option is any
GwilymEvans
The Switch Connection name on the AE Server can be any alphanumeric name (max 14 chars, I believe) that you want.

On the CM administration, enter the "change ip-services" screen, and go to the last page (normally p.3). Ensure that the name entered under "AE Services Server" is the host-name (not Switch Connection name) of your AE Server, and the password is the same as you entered for the "Edit Connnection" button on the AE Server "Switch Connections" page. Finally, on the CM screen, ensure that the "Enabled" field is set to "Y".

If everything checks out, restart the AE Server and wait a couple of minutes. If everything is correct, the AE Server "Switch Connections" page should indicate at least one active connection. and the CM "change ip-services" screen should indicate that the connection "Status" is "in use".
ElderPierre
Thx for the suggestion Gwilym;
Our CM is at a remote site in a different time zone, so it took some time to make the changes . Things are still not working here are the configurations:

CM Side:
1-status aesvcs link
AE SERVICE LINK STATUS: shows headers

2-display ip-services (page 1/4 )
IP SERVICES :
service Type= AESVCS
Enabled=y
Local Node=procr
Local Port=8765
Remote Port=

page 4/4
Server ID=1
AE Services Server= AES's IP address
Password= xxxxx
Enabled =y
Status=idle

3-change ip-network-region
IP NETWORK REGION:
Region=1
Codec Set=3

AES side:

1-AE Services:
ASAI Link Manager......: N/A Running N/A N/A
CVLAN Service .........:OFFLINE Running N/A N/A
DLG Service ...........:DOWN Stopped ERROR MODE (0 days remaining)
DMCC Service ..........:ONLINE Running
TSAPI Service .........:ONLINE Running ERROR MODE (11 days remaining)
Transport Layer Service: N/A Running

TSAPI Links:
Link=1
Switch Connection= AESVCS
Switch CTI Link# =1
ASAI LInk Version=unknown
Security =unencrypted
2- Communication Manager Interface
Switch Connections:
Connection name=AESVCS
Processor Ethernet=yes
msg Period=30
number of active Connection=0
a- Connection Details - AESVCS
Switch password=CM'spassword=xxxxx
SSl=checked
processor Ethernet=checked

3- NETWORKING
AE Service IP (Local IP) = all etho:ASE's IP
Network Configure :
Hostname= Linux box's name
DNS DOMAIN= sitename.na.cie.ca
interface=etho
auto_Neg/Speed/Duplex=on/100/full

4-Security Database
CTI Users : 2 users with Unrestricted Access=checked

5-Status menu:
CVLAN Service: OFFLINE * 2011-07-28 07:07:09 NO_LICENSE_ACQUIRED
DLG Service..: DOWN N/A NORMAL
DMCC Service.: ONLINE 2011-07-28 07:07:11 NORMAL
TSAPI Service.: ONLINE 2011-07-28 07:07:11 NORMAL

---TSAPI Link Details: no rows shows(no TLinks found), just the header line

---Switch Connections Summary :no rows shows

6-Utility
Ping Host= 5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4001ms
ElderPierre
Quick Question:

Does the Switch Connection name typed in AES's Switch Connection field has to be the saem as the one in communication manager's " change system-parameters feature" where there is a page(5/18) in which we find the Swith name:

do these 2 field have to be the ame?, I tried to make them the same but AES said the name must be alphanumeric while in CM, the name is not alphanumeric!!!

Thank you
ElderPierre
Hi There,
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just went over both CM and AES configuration
and still not working.

problems:
1-verify the status of the administered CTI link by using the "status aesvcs cti-link" command, (sec 2.11):
ans:
aes service server; no value
service state=down

even though display cti-link 1 shows the link and the link name!!

2- on AES side, Switch connection shows Number of Active Connections =0 !!!

3-the only think I am not sure about in the configuration of AES is the Switch name, I ma not sure if it should correspond to the Swithc name in the CM

Please help.
GwilymEvans
No, it does not need to be the same. However, in the "change ip-services" screen on CM, on the last page, the "AE Services Server" should be the host-name of the AE Server (not the IP address), and the password should be the same as that entered on the AES' OAM Switch Connection screen.
ElderPierre
Thanks for the reply Gwilym;

Yes , I do have the hostname in the AE services Administration page.

e.g: ElderPierre.na.future.ca/ipaddress

I used ElderPierre as the host name, I didnot include the domain part

ElderPierre
the status is idle!!! why would it not establish? is here a log somewhere I can check, or something?
JohnBiggs
I am joining late, and have lots of mail to go through, but check /opt/mvap/logs/log.YYYYMMDD (where YYYYMMDD aligns with today's date, or as close as you can come) for some insight into the TSAPI link establishment activity on the AE Services server.

In_browsing_ this thread, I perceive you are trying to get this all to work without bothering to read/follow the documentation (AE Services Administration and Maintenance Guide). While you may perceive it is a shortcut to ignore the documentation, ipof it is not.

3) the switch names, are informative handles to aid the administrator, nothing further. The key values are the AE Service switch connection CLAN IP (or Communication Manager procr), the password in both Communication Manager ip-serves and AE Services switch connection, and the case sensitive hostname of the AE Services server (not domain), and the corresponding setting in the ip-services table of Communication Manger. Then for the TLINK the link number is important, but you are not getting that far.
ElderPierre
Hi John;

Many Thans for the reply.
I did read the book, in fact I went over many book. especially the (Application Notes to Integrate Avaya Aura®
Communication Manager R6.0.1, Avaya Aura® Application
Enablement Services R6.1 and Avaya Contact Recorder 10.1
using Service Observing - Issue 1.0)

I think the problem could be that I can't ping(using the hostname) the AES from the box that is running the CM. I can however ping the AES using the ip address!!!

All the other parameters you mentioned have bee double checked and are ok except that the swithc name on the aes is different from that in the CM. So at this point we have:

on AES 6.1:

1-no Switch Connections Summary
2-no TSAPI Link Details
3-Switch Connection: Number of Active Connections = 0

on CM 5.2:

1- status aesvcr cti-link:
-Version is blank
-AE SERVICE Server: is blank
- Service Stat....: down

and log.20110729 shows
06:17:50 ERROR:CRITICAL:asailink:GraceTimeoutEH::handle_timeout:Unable to recover from license error mode -- This server process will be restarted in 2 days
08:01:53 ERROR:CRITICAL:TSAPI:GraceTimeoutEH::handle_timeout:Unable to recover from license error mode -- This server process will be restarted in 10 days
10:48:20 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:21 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:22 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:22 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
10:48:39 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:40 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:41 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
10:48:41 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
11:51:06 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:07 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:08 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:08 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
11:51:26 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:27 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:27 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:51:27 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
11:55:18 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:55:18 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
11:55:19 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
11:55:20 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:32 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:33 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:34 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:34 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES
12:57:37 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:38 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:39 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:
12:57:39 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:TsapiLicense::init:Can't connect to WebLM -- using default VALUE_NOTES

We are trying to resolve the pining aes hostname from the CM server issue

Thank you
JohnBiggs
1) Is your AE Services server licensed? It does not appear so.
10:48:20 ERROR:CRITICAL:licenseInfo:GenericLicense::Init:Get License Product (Application_Enablement) failed: Product not found:

Further it appears that the Grace interval for AE Services Licensing has expired:
06:17:50 ERROR:CRITICAL:asailink:GraceTimeoutEH::handle_timeout

2) AE Services connects to Communication Manager, not the other way around. So what is important is that AE Services can ping the IP address/hostname that is provisioned into the CLAN/procr for the switch connection CLAN. However from the log snippet you provided I see no evidence AE Services is even trying to connect to Communication Manager. Thus I would look into the AE Services licensing status using the WebLM interface in AE Services OA&M.
Go to:   
Mobile view