StewartPonsford
This looks very similar to another thread but I don't want to hijack that one.

We have enterprise licensing on the AES running 4.2.3 and have 300 DMCC licences. The One-X applications are using AES licences but my DMCC xml app seems to be using switch licences.

I am using the switch name to get the device ID and the device ID comes back as
"1143:FAREHAM:10.15.11.232:0", the app is working fine except that I cannot register enough devices even though the AES has over 290 spare at present.

Any ideas why DMCC is not using AES licences?
IsaacEyeson
RegisterTerminal support DMCC license but the deprecated RegisterDevice does not.

The DeviceID should also have a valid switch name in addition to the IP address.

Can you tell us which which API request is in use and whether the DeviceID is in the right format?

Regards
Isaac
StewartPonsford
Hi I am using RegisterTerminalRequest.

When I call GetDeviceID I only pass the switch name which is "FAREHAM" - pretty sure this is correct.

The deviceID looks ok?

I have been looking in the mvapp-error log and I can see an attempt to acquire a DMCC licence which seems to work, which is immediatly followed by lots of gatekeeper messages and it releases the AES licence.

StewartPonsford
I have noticed in the mvapp-trace :

WARNING: App attempting to send to an invalid session. Dropping Message.
2009-11-05 10.45.19,345 com.avaya.cmapi.intsvc.CstaTerminalImpl freeAesLicense

This seems weird. Not sure why the session is invalid. Looking at the trace line that shows the RegisterTerminalReuqest it says the session is null
JohnBiggs
it is critical that you use the registerTerminal request.

Are you using registerTerminal or registerDevice?

If you are using registerDevice you will ALWAYS try to get an IP_API_A licence and never try to get a DMCC_DMC license. This is causing most of the confusion in the field regarding DMCC_DMC license allocation (well that and a bug that is fixed in 4.2.2 AE Services)

The deviceID you are using is fine.
StewartPonsford
Yes I am using "RegisterTerminalRequest" and not RegisterDevice.
JohnBiggs
Well there needs to be a DMCC session associated with every request (other than StartApplicationSession) or something is ascrewy.

Please check to make sure that the AE Services Web based OA&M for your switch connection to the Communication Manager shows 'talking" .

Are DMCC_DMC licenses assigned to the AE Server in question or is there a dynamic request going to the enterprise WebLM license server?

If that isn't it, please open a devconnect tech support ticket, and send a copy of the mvap-trace.log with a registration attempt in it to devconnect@avaya.com and reference the created ticket number.
JohnBiggs
If you use the DMCC dashboard do you see the same issue?
JohnBiggs
If you can see it acquire the DMCC_DMC license and then later release it, it says to me that the communication path between AE Services and Communication Manager (which is the switch connection link using the DAPI protocol (which till now you probably never heard of), is not allowing AE Services to tell Communication Manager, hey I got a DMCC_DMC license... you dont need to get an IP_API_A license. Since AE Services can not tell Communication Manager that the license has been acquired, AE Services backs off the DMCC_DMC license and lets Communication Manager allocate a IP_API_A license. For all taht to happen a working switch connection is needed. Thus it needs to be in the talking state.....

Sorry I overl ooked your statement about registerTerminal in your Nov 5 2009 8:48AM post.
StewartPonsford
No problem, I still get the same behaviour in the aes logs with dashboard, I can't get into the licence web page to see which licence dashboard uses but should be able to test that tomorrow.

No problem about the registerterminal post.
JohnBiggs
Can you get to OA&M and check the switch connection status? As I tried to say.. not so well in re-reading it, ... that is a important piecepart.
GwilymEvans
You noted earlier that your DeviceID is "1143:FAREHAM:10.15.11.232:0". Please go to the OAM web pages for AES and check that the name of the "Switch Connection" is "FAREHAM" and that the IP address: 10.15.11.232 is included in the lists of "CLAN IP Addresses" and ""H323 Gatekeeper IP Addresses" for that Switch Connection. Also note that, prior to AES 4.2.2, the "Switch Connection" name is case sensitive.
StewartPonsford
The switch connection status is "Talking", the switch name is "FAREHAM" in the OAM , there are two addresses in the connection : 10.15.11.231 & 10.15.11.232 - both these addresses are in the Clan & H.323 Gatekeeper list for that connection.

We are running AES 4.2.3 but I will try using the same case for the switch name.
StewartPonsford
Hmm it looks like the switch name may still be case sensitive on AES 4.2.3.

The number of DMCC licences available has definitely gone down so I think it is now working.
Go to:   
Mobile view