MattWithum
Hi All,

I am building an app that prompts an internal caller for actions using voice commands. The customer would like to switch to a series of beeps (the voice commands slow the agents down), however anytime I play a beep.WAV (or any WAV file that I did not generate using the SimpleIVRXML program to record a voice greeting), the sound comes out of the phone garbled and mostly static. Why is this happening? The WAV files work well when listening to them from my computer. I can provide any of the WAV files needed.

Also, if it matters, I am developing on IPCoDE .

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Matt
MattWithum
I just saw this line in one of the AES documents:
"wave files that are
recorded as CCITT u-law/a-law, 8kHz, 8-bit mono files using a utility such as Microsoft's Sound
Recorder on a computer or using an Avaya telephone."

Does this mean I have to use either the Avaya telephone or Microsoft Sound Recorder to create the sounds that AES can play appropriately?
JohnBiggs
Those are two methods that work. There are other software programs that can generate .wav files in the appropriate format. The key elements of the recording are 'CCITT mu-law or a-law, 8kHz, 8-bit mono'
PriyaSingh
Hi John,

I am facing the same issue esp. when wav files are played in succession, there's a blip sound between two wav files.

Is this behavior expected?

Kindly assist
JohnBiggs
Make sure you are using a frames per packet size of 2 on the ip-codec-set form in Communication Manager with G.711 audio.
Go to:   
Mobile view