ClausSuffel
Hello,

our application uses DMCC CallControl services and MediaControl services.

After successfully registering the listeners, the application runs for some time without any problems.
But several times a day, the application unexpectedly receives a ServerConnectionDownEvent.

Each time this event occurs, we can find the following entries in the AES mvap-error.log:

2009-03-09 12.53.39,767 com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.delegs.CCSEventHandler eventDistributorException
WARNING: Unexpected exception from the CCS event distributor. Shutting down session and removing listeners.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2 > 1
   at java.util.Vector.insertElementAt(Vector.java:558)
   at ch.ecma.csta.binding.CompoundCallState.addLocalConnectionState(CompoundCallState.java:86)
   at com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.delegs.Csta1To3.snapshotDeviceResponseInfo1to3(Csta1To3.java:492)
   at com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.handlers.SnapshotDeviceConfHandler.generateResponse(SnapshotDeviceConfHandler.java:69)
   at com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.handlers.CallControlConfHandler.handleConf(CallControlConfHandler.java:149)
   at com.avaya.java.tsapiInterface.TSInvokeID.setConf(TSInvokeID.java:49)
   at com.avaya.java.tsapiInterface.TsapiEventDistributor.handleEvent(TsapiEventDistributor.java:119)
   at com.avaya.java.tsapiInterface.TsapiEventQueue.run(TsapiEventQueue.java:96)

In consequence, all listeners are forced to unregister and our application has to re-register all devices.

How can we find out the reason for those connection problems?

Ragards,
Claus
JohnBiggs
What release of AE Services are you working with?

ClausSuffel
We are working with release 4.2.1.
(r4-2-1-20-5-0)
JohnBiggs
I need to ask a developer what next step to take here. I think as a first step getting a copy of the /opt/mvap/logs/mvap-trace.log.0 file that includes an instance of this exception is appropriate.

Could you use sftp to get it off the server and send it to devconnect@avaya.com attention John Biggs please.

Do you have any information indicating how many snapshot device requests the application is making prior to seeing this exception, or if there are concurrent outstanding requests when this occurs?

Thanks.
JohnBiggs
Claus thanks for the mvap-trace.log.0... the developer asked for more logging ....

could you folow the instructions in the following TSAPI/General FAQ
What is the procedure for enabling and accessing the AE Services logs for TSAPI (trace, tracing, g3trace)?

and collect the /opt/mvap/logs/TSAPI/g3trace*out
/opt/mvap/logs/TSAPI/csta*out
and
/opt/mvap/logs/mvap-trace.log.0

trace files for a period when an exception occurs, and send them to me through devconnect@avaya.com attention John Biggs.

**** Remember to disable the tracing when you are done!

This is looking like a AE Services server issue in the interface between DMCC and TSAPI in handling the response to a snapshot device request from Communication Manager.

At the moment I have created MR wi00298355 to track it.

John
JoelEzell
Hi Claus,

I understand that this problem is occurring at a customer site. Is that correct? If so, please have the customer engage Avaya Global Services so that we will be able to issue a patch to the customer, if warranted.

Joel
ClausSuffel
Hi Joel,

You're right, the isue happened at a customer site.
I will tell the customer to start the described service process.

But because the problem occurs in combination with our recording application, the customer forces us to resolve the issue.

It is very important for us to see the progress in solving this problem, and also to get the patch, if required.

Please can you confirm, that this issue is definitely caused by Avaya and not by our application?

Ragrds,
Claus
JoelEzell
Yes Claus, I can confirm that. I have reproduced the problem in our lab by mimicking the message flow from the logs that you sent to us. I am close to having a fix ready, pending escalation through BBE / CPE and approval of CPE to release this as a patch.

I will also inform the CPE team of this problem to "grease the skids".

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joel
ClausSuffel
Hi Joel,

Is there any progress concerning this issue?

Regards,
Claus
JoelEzell
Hi Claus,

The problem has been resolved in the upcoming AES 4.2.2 service pack, currently targeted for June. I am awaiting notification from CPE regarding a potential patch for your customer in advance of the service pack. I would encourage you to ask you customer to follow up with AGS as well.

Joel
ClausSuffel
Hi Joel,

thank you for that information.

Our customer has already opened a ticket at Avaya support desk last week, but he is still waiting for an answer.

I'll tell our customer to put more pressure on this to have a chance for a preliminary patch.

Is there a kind of internal case number our customer can refer to?

Regards,
Claus
JoelEzell
There is a case number, and it should have been shared with the customer. Unfortunately, I don't have access to it.

I'm also following up with CPE from my end. If you can get me a case number that would help.
ClausSuffel
Hi Joel,

The customer's case number is 128157050 - 'AES Dumps connection with ASC voicelogger'.

Regards,
Claus
Go to:   
Mobile view