AmrAbbas2
Gentlemen,

I've tried to post this in many forums with no reply.

I've CO trunks connected to CM 5.2
I need to monitor calls going through those CO trunks so if the called number didn't answer, i'll send an SMS to third party.

If this is applicable, I need to know where to start and with which SDK.

Thanks and appreciate your interest.
MartinFlynn
Hi Amr,

If the CO trunks are analog then there is no way to know if the call is answered.

For IDSN, SIP and maybe some others, it is possible but you must first put a monitor on the Calling phone or the Call. When the call is answered, you will then receive an Established event. You may use TSAPI, JTAPI or DMCC for this.

Martin
AmrAbbas2
Thanks Martin. You saved a lot of time for me :) .
JohnBiggs
Martin left out H.323 in trunk types that will provide an answer indication - we refer to this collection of trunk protocols as 'digital'.

Further if the call interworks that means hits a hybrid where it transitions from digital - ISDN, H.323 or SIP - to analog, then with ISDN and H.323 the application will get a PROGress message indicating that the call interworked - this is a TSAPI Network Reached event and the application will not be informed of any subsequent events (e.g. established). I do not know if SIP is intelligent enough to pass back an interworked event that can be delivered to the application.

There are other trunk types (DS1 robbed bit) that do provide end to end answer indication as well, but suffer the same limitations when they hit hybrids, however these trunks are not in a position to provide an indication back to the originating facility that the hybrid has been hit and thus the application is unaware that it will not get an proper answered/established event.
Go to:   
Mobile view