IlanaPolyak
What is the right way to figure out to what call MediaStop Event is related.
For mediastart I can do snapshotdevice and see which call is the active call ( or I could probably use the lamp but since I am using TSAPI anyway for call control I figured that this would be more accurate)
Is this right?

Can I do the same for MediaStop? Is it right to assume that when MediaStop arrive it is for the call that is currently in connected state? Will the order of the events always be the same? First Media stop then ConnectionCleared
Thanks
JoelEzell
Hi Ilana,

Your approach for the MediaStart event sounds like a good one. Either monitor call control events or snapshot the call and take the active connection ID as being associated with the MediaStart.

Another possible correlation mechanism is Universal Call ID (UCID). The UCID can be retrieved from the call status events, and also is included as part of the GetCallInformationResponse on DMCC. UCID cannot be used as an argument to TSAPI requests, however. Also, UCID must be enabled on the switch.

For MediaStop, I'm afraid we don't really have a good solution for you. There is no guarantee that you'll always get the Media Stop event before the ConnectionCleared event.

I can see that it would really be nice if these events included a connectionID in them that could be used with Call Control requests or to correlate Call Control events with DMCC Media events. I'll take that feedback to my team.
Go to:   
Mobile view