JasonSmith
Hello, I am having a problem getting the recording file. I know that it should be stored in the <module>\data\temp folder, but it is not there. I have captured the ondisconnect event and changed the submit property to true. I need to know what to do because usually practice is after a caller records a voice mail they will hang up the phone.

Thanks,
Jason Smith
ErikJohnson2
DD 4.0 will remove temporary files that are created during a session (it was a requirement/request), so app developers need to take a couple steps to preserve recordings.

Preferred option is to rename/move the recording that you want to keep with some Java code. You would need to do this before the session ends.

The other option is to disable that functionality at some point in the session by calling
mySession.setDeleteTempFiles(false);
This will prevent the temp files from being removed. You are then responsible for cleaning up the files in that folder when they are no longer needed.
JasonSmith
That may be the problem in some circumstances, but in my app i have used the mySession.setDeleteTempFiles(false); command and it still does not create the recordings when the phone is hung up.
ErikJohnson2
Can you check the logs to see if DD even gets the recording from the platform on hangup?

This sounds to me like an issue where the platform isn't posting the recorded audio to the application server on hangup. I know that there are a few issues/patches for the platform regarding handling hangup and I vaguely recall an issue with hangup during recordings. You may want to open a support ticket for VP/IR because I think you are encountering a problem there.
MagdalenaCenteno
Hi Erik
My name is Magdalena Centeno. I am a T3 BBE supporting VP/IR. I received a support request from this customer Jason Smith regarding the problem with the recordings using Dialog Designer and I found that you suggested him that the problem may be the IR.

This customer is running Build Number 4.1/Build 4.1.8.1.

I found another customer who had that same issue using a previous version 4.0.7 and he solved it using DD 4.0.8, what seems to mean that this problem is related to DD.

I don't have that version to test in my lab, is there any way for you to test it and let me know what you find? I received the application sent by Jason in case that may help.

Thanks
Magdalena
Go to:   
Mobile view