MaiTrung2
Hi

At a special node, I'd like to clear all previous input and start anew. Sometimes caller might mistakenly press several keys while listening to prompts which might be opting for some function in the next node or trigger several no match events and be kicked out of the applications.

thanks & regards
NeilGoldsmith
There is no mechanism in DD to flush the platform's DTMF queue like that.
MichaelMirt
Hello

I see this is a rather old posting, but I has a similar question. I have an Announce node to play a welcome greeting. After this node I move to a Menu item node.

While in the Annouce node if I press a DTMF (example 0)
this DTMF is picked up in my Menu item node and processed. Is there a way to clear the DTMF buffer when moving from an Announce node to a Menu item node?

I've only tested this flow in the simulator, and not sure I will see the same results in a live MPP.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
MichaelMirt
Forgot to mentio we are using DD 5.1
RossYakulis
Simulation only "approximates" the platform. That is it exists to allow you to exercise your application but does not guarantee to exactly duplicate the platform behavior. On the platform when you press a key on the phone it is sent. In simulation the dtmf is not sent tothe browser until you press the send digits.
MichaelMirt
Corect. During the playing of the Announce node (3 seconds into a 10 secn prompt) I enter 0, and then send the digit.. When the call flow moves from the Announce node to the Menu item the 0 is procssed.

I want to flush that DTMF so the DTMF bufer is empty upon entry into the Menu item node.

Is flushing of the DTMF possible?
RossYakulis
No. On the platform it is automatically flushed. Though I believe in 5.1 release of the VP platform they implemented type ahead as an advanced parameter when configuring the application.
MichaelMirt
OK, so you are sayin that there is no way to clear he DTMF buffer. If this i true then the only solution I see is to convert my Announce node to a Menu item node with the follwoing:

Set prompt timeout to sub-second so NI event is
thrown immediatly at the end of the prompt.

Capture all DTMF values.

Make all Choice, aNM, and NI activities go to the
next menu.

Do you agree this will clear resolve the issue?

Another question: Where exactly is this "Type-Ahead"
of th application set? DD prefrences? I an't find this
setting.

Thanks
RossYakulis
Again, on the platform it is automatically flushed unless you enable type ahead.
RossYakulis
The type ahead setting is a VP-platform setting when you configure your application on the platform. When you add the application on VP look under "advanced"
MichaelMirt
My misunderstnding. So the reason that we are experiencing the 0 showing up in the Menu item node is bcause it is a DD simulation limitation. We won't see this issue on an actual MPP unless the type-ahead feature is active?

Is my understanding accurate?
RossYakulis
Yes I believe so.
Go to:   
Mobile view