EduardLaur
Hello All,

I have a question regarding usage of Terminal observer for getting events. Please note that there is no problem getting information from the CallObserver witch posts all info as it should.
What happens is that I'm unable to get any events through although I have added the observer using Terminals unique name (terminal.addobserver(unique_name)) . I do not get the InvalidArgumentException etc. or anything that kind that would indicate a problem.
The terminal name has been verified by provider.getTerminals(); function witch gives me the data I'm expecting.

The system is used with softphones Avaya IP Agent vers. 6.0.15.535

Maybe someone has been to similar situation or has any ideas regarding the issue? Could the problem be in CTI users privileges in AES itself?

All the best to you all and looking forward to your feedback.
JohnBiggs
In checking the JTAPI Reference guide I found that TerminalObserver supports only two events: TermObservationEndedEv and PrivateTermEv. I have not yet found a way to generate PrivateTermEv event. TermObservationEndedEv is sent to TerminalObserver when removeObserver() method is invoked on the terminal object. So far I have not found much value in a TerminalObserver from an event perspective. It can be used to get a number of services.

Please find below snapshot for the TermObservationEndedEv captured when TerminalObserver was removed.

Request: t_5000.removeObserver(TerminalObserver[2])

12:23:50 Event List received by MyTerminalObserver:
[com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.kd]
Ev.getID() =>TermObservationEndedEv
=>t_5000.removeObserver() returns void

Ev.getCause() =>CAUSE_NORMAL
Ev.getMetaCode() =>META_UNKNOWN
Ev.isNewMetaEvent() =>true
TermEv.getTerminal() =>t_5000
Go to:   
Mobile view