MelissaVestal
I've come across a problem where a customer's custom Crystal reports work when run for a period prior to their recent upgrade from CC7 to AACC6.3 (SP9), but the reports don't work when run for a period after the upgrade.

The report uses a link from the SkillsetbyAgent table to the dAgentPerformanceStat table to select data for agents who have particular skillsets assigned. The link between the two tables is by UserID.

Upon digging, I can see that the capitalization of the UserID field changed during the upgrade. If I look at the UserID field in dAgentPerformanceStat, the letters are uppercase prior to the upgrade, but lowercase after the upgrade. The SkillsetbyAgent table is all uppercase.

My suspicion is that the join is not working because it won't find a match between the uppercase UserID in the SkillsetbyAgent table and the dAgentPerformanceStat table.

Anybody come across this yet? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Do you think Crystal should establish a match regardless of case?
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
You are right.
In moving from Sybase to Cache database (NES CC7 to AACC 6.X) the Stat views were changed to lower case.
However, AgentPerformanceStat did not change (in error).
This was rectified recently so that the UserIDs are lower case in SP9 and SP10.
John
MelissaVestal
John, we have SP9 installed. Are you saying the userID field in the SkillsetbyAgent table should be lowercase? It's uppercase in our system.
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
No the change to lower case was made only to Stat views.
John
MelissaVestal
Crystal cannot find a match between the lower case and upper case versions of the UserID, so should I just tell the customer that they cannot link those two tables any longer or are you aware of any fix in the works?
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
I understand the contraint in Crystal.
Please could I ask you to log a DevConnect ticket which I can use to escalate this issue?
Thank you
John
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
There was a fix done for this previously which I am looking to get propagated.
John
MelissaVestal
Thanks, John! I would love to know the patch ID once it's ready!
Go to:   
Mobile view