JigarParekh2
I am developing JTAPI client application for AES 3.1.2, for monitoring around 10 VDN/Hunt group

What could be system requirement for this application

And this would require 10 basic TSAPI license am i correct?

Thanks,
Jigar
JoelEzell
Hi Jigar,

Can you give more details regarding the system requirements? Have you consulted the AES administration guide? This sounds like a pretty small appllication that could be handled with minimal resources.

You're correct that you would need 10 TSAPI licenses.

FYI, if this thread gets too detailed, I'm going to have to refer you to the "Request Technical Support" area of DevConnect, as this question is specific to JTAPI and we don't yet have a forum for that topic.
JigarParekh2
Joel,

I looked at AES administration guide but i was not able to find similiar kind of information

I agree with you that to monitor 10 VDN wil require high end mahchine with RAM in GB

But do you think that even this requirement like monitoring 10 VDN extended to 100 VDN, will require machine with like 1 GB RAM and 2.0 GHZ Processor ?

Thanks,
Jigar
JoelEzell
Jigar,

As you may have seen in the overview guide, the minimum system requirements for the AES server are as follows:

● 1GB RAM (required)
● 10 GB free disk space (after installing Linux)
● Hard disk drive with at least 7200 rpm rating
● 512 KB L2 cache
● 100 BaseT Ethernet NIC (should be set to full duplex)
Avaya strongly recommends two NICs.
● DVD/CD-ROM drive

AES will not be supported on a platform that does not meet these specification.
JigarParekh2
Joel,

Thanks for this information, One more question here is
Does per port license which you had mention eariler for TSAPI, is it same in AES 4.0 ?
or now it has common license across whole AES?

Thanks,
Jigar
JoelEzell
We have the same per-user licensing model in 4.0. One thing you should be aware of is that there are a few TSAPI features (e.g. call routing) that require a TSAPI advanced license. The TSAPI advanced license is per-server, not per-user.
Go to:   
Mobile view