RobertBlanch
Hi All,

I am trying to use the dashboard as part of the SDK but when I get to the part of registering the device I keep getting an error of connecting to the call manager.  
THis is what keeps appearring - 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><RegisterTerminalResponse xmlns="http://www.avaya.com/csta"><device><deviceIdentifier typeOfNumber="other" mediaClass="" bitRate="constant" xmlns:ns1="http://www.ecma.ch/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed2">11485::10.196.xx.xx:0</deviceIdentifier></device><code>2001</code><reason>CM Connection lost - protocol timeout:  GRQ timer, tried 3 times.Possible problem(s) include:
1. Network connection is not working or is congested
2. IP address to the switch is not correct
3. Switch translation for the extension is not setup correctly</reason></RegisterTerminalResponse>

Is there anything that I can check to try and get it to connect?
JohnBiggs
When you did a Get DeviceID, you provided either a specific IP address or symbolic gatekeeper name. Given what I see in this response message, I suspect you provided an IP address for CM in the CM IP Addr/Name field of ''10.196.xx.xx''  You need to provide a fully qualified IP address for a CM C-LAN or procr interface in that field. You can see what data items the dashboard uses in each request by positioning the cursor over thebutton and the tool will backlight the data items with a bluish hue. Since the dashboard allows either IP addresses or H.323 Gatekeeper names in this field I suspect the problem lies in that portion of your attempt to use the dashboard.

The alternative problem is that you are using a H.323 Gatekeeper symbolic name. H.323 GK names are a bit of an advanced topic, but through the AES OA&M web pages you can access the ''switch connection'' provisioning. Within a switch connection (something you create the name of), you can create a H.323 Gatekeeper List. A DMCC getDeviceID request can utilize the switch connection name in its request in lieu of a specific IP address for CM. This allows the AES to distribute traffic across a set of C-LANS.

The dashboard is a great learning tool. Keep at it and you will see how useful it is.
Go to:   
Mobile view