NeilGoldsmith
This is in response to your question in Paul Shepherd''s thread.  Just wanted to keep the 2 questions separate.

When you start up Websphere, you need to watch the IC manager and see if it shows the ICC connecting to the VOX in the status bar.  If you miss it, check the alarms in alarm manager.  

If ICC isn''t event attempting, then the hostname in your web.xml back on Websphere for ICC is incorrect or the VOX listener port isn''t set to 3000.

If it is attempting, but the VOX is denying the request, then the VRU settings for your ICC are incorrect in the VOX VRU tab.  You must have it set so that ICC attempts to connect and turn pinging off.  You need to have valid channels mapped also.
IngersolPandarinathan
Neil,

Even though I had the correct IP address of my IC/VOX Server in "C:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\installedApps\FLMWAS1\icconnector.ear\icconnector.war\WEB-INF\web.xml", ICC was still trying to connect to the localhost (or whatever IP configured previously). 

But WebSphere uses another web.xml file to load the init parameters in the below location. After changing the IP address on this file, and then re-started the application to make it work.

C:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\config\cells\FLMWAS1\applications\icconnector.ear\deployments\icconnector\icconnector.war\WEB-INF\web.xml

Also, I had to check the box ''No Telephony Server'' on VOX tab on IC.

Thanks for your help!
Ingersol
NeilGoldsmith
Yes, sorry.  I should have mentioned that.  In Websphere, the configuration is done in the path you mentioned.  It is rather confusing if you aren''t used to it.  The latest documentation changes that are going in to 3.1 should make the clearer.

If you disable telephony, the VOX won''t talk to the TServer.  Is this the behavior you want?  This mode is typically only for testing purposes when you don''t have a complete IC system configured.
IngersolPandarinathan
Neil,
Currently working on my lab set-up, don''t have complete IC set-up (not sure what it means), may be I need to have a workflow to respond to my application.

If I don''t disable Telephony Server, was getting ''Assign failed to line 67001, will retry periodically'' alarms.
NeilGoldsmith
Sounds like 67001 is not configured properly in the switch.  

The VOX will attempt to setup observers on the configured extensions/channels with the TServer.  The TServer talks to the switch.  In this case 67001 is not setup properly.

You can run with no telephony server like this, but you won''t have complete functionality. 
Go to:   
Mobile view