ErikJohnson2
You can use the built-in Eclipse Install/Update mechanism to update your system to 3.0.21.

For more information, go to the Dialog Designer product page on http://support.avaya.com

Direct link: http://support.avaya.com/japple/css/japple?temp.documentID=275628&temp.productID=251589&temp.releaseID=251590&temp.bucketID=108025&PAGE=Document

NOTE: If you are unable to access the files on support.avaya.com, the feature release should be posted soon to DevConnect.
GregFoulks
Anything new in this release? what was fixed or changed?
The release notes do not saying anything and only list changes up to build 18
ErikJohnson2
The readme that pops up when DD is upgraded is not the release notes--they are the manual upgrade steps that must be taken if you are updating from earlier versions of DD (particularily 14-18).  There have been no big changes other than bug fixes since build 18 so the readme doesn''t contain that much useful information, but we have to display it in the event that someone is upgrading from build 16->21, etc.

The release notes (http://support.avaya.com/DialogDesigner/DDRelLtr3_0_21.doc)
contain the MRs that have been closed in release 21 (see section 2.6 of the document).

The primary fixes were to support IC from modules and handling nulls returned from stored procedure calls.  There were a couple lower priority fixes as well.
MatthewVanGordon
After upgrading almost invariably I get Nullpointer exceptions on start. 

Where should I look for the xeception stack? I''ll send on info on where it''s happening... 
ErikJohnson2
Open the Error log.  Window->Show View->Other...->PDE Runtime->Error Log.

MatthewVanGordon
I just had it happen again... Unfortunately, therror isn''t very verbose...

Error Jul 24, 2006 13:57:31.532 java.lang.NullPointerException

An exception stack trace could not be found.

I there a way to enable the stack trace? 
ErikJohnson2
Does it say which plugin is catching/throwing the exception?  

You can also look at the Eclipse log file--it may have more information.  From the Error Log, click on the "Open Log" button, or browse to <eclipse workspace>/.metadata/.log

MatthewVanGordon
It seems to happen everytime I import a DD Speech project from the file system. 

For example,  I imported the CTIApp demo and recieved this error. I think it happened durring the initial code gen, though I could be wrong... 
ErikJohnson2
We have seen instances where the Eclipse build mechanism kicks in (causing code gen & building) before Eclipse imports all nested resources (files) into the project. As a result some project resources are sometimes reported as not-existing/null when DD tries to code gen.  I know in 3.1 we log the condition to the Error log.  

Go to:   
Mobile view