MattWhipple
I''m trying to export an application and I get a message window that says, "Error deploying the following project:  ATAC_Survey.  Check the console and error log for more details.  But the console and error log are both empty.  This worked in the past but now it''s not.  Am I doing something differently/wrong?
RossYakulis
Are there any compilation errors in your project?   Check the problems tab to see of there are any errors
MattWhipple
There is one compilation warning.  An orphaned file that I deleted manually and replaced.  
RossYakulis
It may be resource out of sync problems.  Try to refresh the project., then export again

Also could be that the project context file is not defined in <tomcat>/conf/Catalina/localhost.   Make sure that there is a "ATAC_Survey.xml" file there.  If not, close & re-open the project and that should regenerate the file. or use the context menu on the project and select Tomcat Project / Update Context Definition.

May be worth while to restart Eclipse too, to see if that will refresh the console and try to export.

RossYakulis
Turns out this was a resource out of sync problem. 

Select the project in the Navigator view then use the context menu and select refresh to sync the resources.
Go to:   
Mobile view