KishorePinnamaneni
Just wondering that is there any way to get live sessionid at AES using deviceid.
MartinFlynn
Can you give a bit more information about what you are trying to do?

Martin
KishorePinnamaneni
I am working web based DMCC. If the user closes the browser accidentally and opens another browser immediately, the registration of the device will not allow because the previous session is still alive.

Is there a way to reconnect to the same session using deviceid?

I know we can connect with sessionid, but we have to preserve sessionid to reconnect.
JohnBiggs
You can use the 'controllable by other sessions' flag in the getDeviceID request to allow another session (new browser) to get a deviceID that has been orphaned by this class of user mistake. That allows this to happen once, and then the first session to time out and release its DeviceID.... however if you want to cover the case where the user makes this mistake multiple times within the Session Duration Timer window, The application will need access to the prior sessionID to recover the previously allocated deviceID instance and go forward from there.
KishorePinnamaneni
Setting true to Controllable by other sessions worked for getdeviceid. However it failed registering the terminal

RegisterTerminalResponse: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><stateIncompatibility>invalidDeviceState</stateIncompatibility></CSTAErrorCode>
JohnBiggs
Honestly the CSTA error reports are not the way to debug any problem. I don't feel adquate information si available in them. I dont know why the standards format is so limiting, but it is.

Get access to the log files in AE Services (/opt/mvap/logs/dmcc-trace.log.0) and find the associated exception and read above and below it for real clues as to what upset the DMCC middleware.

Note that BOTH sessions using the device ID must set the flag so both sessions can register the device. If only one session does it, there will still be a conflict.
Go to:   
Mobile view