MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

We have downloaded the documentation for the .Net API and it appears that the GetAgentState request is not available in version 4, but it is available in v6. However our client uses version 4.

We have also purchased the Aura basic development environment to work on this.

It appears that this information is available only using TSAPI for Communication Manager in v4. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not however and there is no other way to get the agent auxiliary statuses do we need a different license and tools to be able to work using TSAPI for CM? Or will the basic environment we have already purchased suffice? And from my understanding the code for this will have to be in C++, correct?

Thank you for your help so far.

Michael
JohnBiggs
So if you (and or your customer) are unwilling up upgrade AE Services to release 6 so you can use the .NET version of getAgentState(), you will be forced to use TSAPI (C++) or JTAPI (Java) SDK to access agent state information.

Regardless of which SDK you used (DMCC, JTAPI, or TSAPI) you consume a TSAPI Basic User license when you run the getAgentState() request. BDE has TSAPI Basic User licenses enabled.
MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

I don't think the customer will want to go through an upgrade but we'll have to discuss this with them. Are you sure we can get than information using JTAPI on v4? I believe I already checked the documentation and couldn't find it. I'll download it and check again I guess.

Thank you once again.

Michael
MichaelStavrou
Hi again John,

Just one more thing. Would it be possible for them to upgrade only AE Services to v6 and leave the CM at v4 if needed? I don't know much about Avaya so apologies if this sounds like a dumb question.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
JohnBiggs
Upgrading just AE Services to release 6.1 would solve your problem and allow you to use DMCC .NET's release 6.1 services (setAgentState) with a release 4 Communication Manager.

no dumb questions are asked ... just the ones not asked fall in that class..
MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

Those are great news. But it seems it will take the client a long time to upgrade AES so I suppose we'll have to use C++ and TSAPI for now.

What do we need to do to get access to AES TSAPI SDK? I assume we'd need that to do this development. It says it's not available for download in the downloads page.

Thanks again for all the help.

Michael
JohnBiggs
TSAPI must be purchased.. As I recall the cost is ~ $2500. You can enter a "Procurement Request" through the DevConnect portal, we will issue an invoice, and you will know the true cost. when the invoice is paid, we get the SDK shipped to you. That is the simplest way. There is a cost because Avaya owes a third party licensing fees for part of the SDK. JTAPI is free in comparison.. if you can incorporate Java into your solution.
MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

I think we'll try JTAPI first then and if it doesn't work we'll move to TSAPI. Is LucentAgent.getStateInfo() in com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi the class we need in that one? And can you confirm this will work in V4?

Thanks in advance once again.

Michael
JohnBiggs
it will work in V4. I am not a JTAPI expert.. I encourage you to look at the JTAPI FAQs and content in the JTAPI forum, and if the answer is not already there, post your question in to the JTAPI forum.

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_2.jsp?f=44
MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

First of all thanks for all your help so far it has been invaluable.

Just one more thing arose at the moment. It appears that the client was on version 3.1 after all and not 4 as they originally said. We have convinced them to upgrade their AES at least but the question here is can they upgrade AES to 6.1 and leave CM at 3.1? You said this could be done using CM 4, but I have no idea if this is also supported at 3.1.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
JohnBiggs
This document details the compatibility of AE Services 6.1 with Communication Manager releases
https://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100127068

Per Avaya policy, the only testing that is done is between the new product release (AE Services release 6.1) and existing _supported_ products (Communication Manager release 4-6). This does not mean that AE Services does not work with release 3 of Communication Manager, just that it was not tested, and if issues arise you are 'on your own'.

If you look at the corresponding release 5.1 AE Services Release Notes due to the release timing, you see the same list of supported Communication Manager releases
https://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100127068

(to find these documents go to www.avaya.com/support, click on "Products" in the left column, enter "Application Enablement Services", then select documentation from the left column, then set the release in the left panel to the one of interest, and click on Release Notes from the left column).

So from a official support perspective I have to say it is not a good idea to mix releases that far apart that are not officially supported/tested with each other.

Sorry I can not give you a clear green light with that product release mix. It may well work fine, but I am not in a position to recommend you do it because if there are problems, you will find yourself without support to help troubleshoot them.
MichaelStavrou
Hi John,

Sorry for troubling you again but we need your valuable help once more. The client has agreed to upgrade to V6 but that will take time.

What they are asking for now as an intermediate step is if we can get the agent aux work reason codes if they upgrade AES to v4.0 and leave CM at 3.1 until they upgrade to v6.

They say they can do this right now, while placing an upgrade to v6 in the pipeline to be delivered in a couple of months.

Once again thank you in advance for your help.

Michael
JohnBiggs
I have no means to test it to demonstrate it any level of compatibility to myself.. I no longer have CM 3.1 at my disposal.

"What they are asking for now as an intermediate step is if we can get the agent aux work reason codes if they upgrade AES to v4.0 and leave CM at 3.1 until they upgrade to v6. "

Are they asking about using TSAPI/JTAPI or DMCC?

If DMCC then release 4 of AE Services is not good enough to get Call work codes (CSC).

If TSAPI/JTAPI, CWC should work with AE Services release 3, 4, ...
Go to:   
Mobile view